Lambs to the Slaughter? The Assyrians go to Patras! (Madaxem

News and discussion of your favourite wargames and new rules to make it completely unplayable.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Lambs to the Slaughter? The Assyrians go to Patras! (Madaxem

Postby madaxeman » Sun May 05, 2019 5:54 pm

The much-trailed Assyrian army has finally made it not only onto the table, but onto a plane, and into a 5-round competition in sunny (and rainy) Greece at the 2019 Patras Challenge.

The Winged Lion of Assyria takes on three very different Roman armies, a Classical Indian and finally the Han Chinese in a series of battles fitted carefully in between bouts of extreme eating and drinking all sorts of weird shit that you'd not look at if it was at home across a swathe of the Patrene nightlife's top venues.

Watch as the the newly minted chariots and infantry, supported by archer cavalry do their very best on a number of different playing surfaces to dodge between the cakes, biscuits and pieces of lamb which attempt to prove more problematic than their enemies

Even goats occasionally get a look in. And not just in their cooked variety!

Its all there in glorious sunshine, so roll up your Gyros, sizzle up some Spanakopita and chuck a halloumi slice on the bbq to enjoy these 5 consecutive reports !
madaxeman

Re: Lambs to the Slaughter? The Assyrians go to Patras! (Mad

Postby Rossco » Mon May 06, 2019 5:03 pm

I enjoy reading your match reports. Bravo!
I Froth because I care about miniatures.
Rossco

Lambs to the Slaughter The Assyrians go to Patras Madaxem

Postby Barryvow » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:36 am

Some needs to play RT too, Coward and Sowell battle does not inspire much confidence in the position
Barryvow

Return to Wargames Misc.