Battle of Jarama 1937 - Scenario / AAR

News and discussion of your favourite wargames and new rules to make it completely unplayable.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Battle of Jarama 1937 - Scenario / AAR

Postby Yarkshire Gamer » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:50 pm

http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/battle-of-jarama-1937-scenario-aar.html

We planned to do this SCW earlier in the year to mark the 80th Anniversary of the Battle but various reasons meant it was delayed until recently.

Another cracking Spanish Adventure. I have included everything needed to have a go at the game yourselves, map, orbat etc plus lots of pics of course.

One of the most fascinating periods of history and a firm gaming period for our little group. Shame it doesn't get more coverage.

Regards Ken
The Yarkshire Gamer
Yarkshire Gamer

Re: Battle of Jarama 1937 - Scenario / AAR

Postby Stantharg » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:35 pm

Looks great. A long time ago I played a SCW game using Rapid Fire; my IB held on too, by the skin of its teeth. IIRC my troops were heavily pinned by Nationalist MG fire and I was only hung on because my MG stayed in the game. A Pz I attack was beaten off with grenades, that sort of stuff. I don't think I'd have won if it had gone to a 2nd day.....again great pictures!
Stantharg

Postby Yarkshire Gamer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:37 pm

Cheers, it's a well balanced game, our players have a big say on how it goes as they "buy" their reinforcements. We only just managed to get our Mgs loaded and it was a real struggle to keep them with ready ammo and whilst we were buying ammo, the Nationalist Forces were buying more troops.

Great game.
Yarkshire Gamer

Postby Stantharg » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:04 am

That sounds familiar - I was feeding troops in to keep my MG firing; i was going to run out of men at some stage. Hold out till nightfall really....it was great seeing the reaction when my comrades took out the PzI....
Stantharg

Postby nevermore » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:19 am

Very different period, love everything about it....thanks for posting
nevermore

Return to Wargames Misc.