The Holy War 28mm large game

News and discussion of your favourite wargames and new rules to make it completely unplayable.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Postby nevermore » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:00 pm

Large game as always, 28mm miniatures rules were Saga with a few adjustments and with a few lucky rolls near the end the Muslims won, but those Knights they did some damage, great set of rules very enjoyable game and plenty of laughs, table was 12ft by 6ft..well over a 1000 miniatures on the table and gamed in the spirit of fun and banter.

The Crusades were a series of military campaigns during the time of Medieval England against the Muslims of the Middle East. In 1076, the Muslims had captured Jerusalem – the most holy of holy places for Christians. Jesus had been born in nearby Bethlehem and Jesus had spent most of his life in Jerusalem. He was crucified on Calvary Hill, also in Jerusalem. There was no more important place on Earth than Jerusalem for a true Christian which is why Christians called Jerusalem the “City of God”.

image hosting 15mb

post a picture

imgurl

However, Jerusalem was also extremely important for the Muslims as Muhammad, the founder of the Muslim faith, had been there and there was great joy in the Muslim world when Jerusalem was captured. A beautiful dome – called the Dome of the Rock – was built on the rock where Muhammad was said to have sat and prayed. The rock was so holy that no Muslim was allowed to tread on it or touch it when visiting the Dome.

upload a gif

upload image free

upload a gif

Thus the Christians fought to get Jerusalem back while the Muslims fought to keep Jerusalem. These wars were to last nearly 200 years.

windows 7 print screen

upload pics

More photos on the website at http://www.victorian-steel.com/ just head along into the gallery and click a box for more photos to view.
nevermore

Re: The Holy War 28mm large game

Postby Hastati » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Great looking game as always.
When I die I want the Arsenal players to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.
Hastati

Postby Etranger2 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:20 am

I love the look of your games, always a grand spectacle.
Etranger2

Postby nevermore » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:54 pm

Thanks guys for the comments, always trying to improve the look of the tabletop to make it as near as possible, been busy this week creating a couple of large Buttes, so far so good
nevermore

Postby Steders » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:07 am

Fantastic looking game, definitely a period I want to do at some point
Steders

Postby nevermore » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:15 am

Got to admit it i do really like gaming this period, ever since Kingdom of Heaven its gripped me.
nevermore

Postby Yarkshire Gamer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:18 pm

What a fantastic game, you have shamed me into looking at my pile of unpainted Crusades lead. Well done
Yarkshire Gamer

Postby dhtandco » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:58 am

It was actually Lion Rampant we used with a battle command and control system in place
Don't want to be accused of false news :D
dhtandco

Return to Wargames Misc.