AK47 Ztum-Setum webite

News and discussion of your favourite wargames and new rules to make it completely unplayable.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

AK47 Ztum-Setum webite

Postby Derek H » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:25 am

Back in the early 2000s I set up a website covering the Ztum-Setum campaign we were running at the South East Scotland wargames club using Peter Pig's AK47 Republic rules for warlord level battles in post-war Africa. .  

It was a real "state of the art 1990s" website and it fell into disrepair when we ran out of steam with the campaign and I moved on and started using blog platforms to chronicle my wargames activities.

Inspired by a game of "classic" AK47 I played in  a couple of weeks ago I've revamped the old Ztum-Setum website and put it back online at https://ak47ztumsetum.wordpress.com/

The main content on the site is articles about the factions involved and a Models Index with pictures of the models we used in the campaign.  But there's other useful stuff there including graphics that you can use to make casualty and pinned markers.  

The old Ztum-Setum Online News section, game reports from the campaign, is not there yet, but I might get round to transferring it over eventually.  

The inspiration doesn't stop there, I'm rebasing and updating all my old forces.  I'd forgotten just what a fun  game AK47 is.  
Last edited by Derek H on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pimping my blog at http://dereksweetoys.com/
Derek H

Re: AK47 Ztum-Setum webite

Postby Drjackson » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:28 am

Nice one
"Your assumption is that TMP's fortunes are down because of something I'm doing (or not doing). Again, that's your opinion, but there's no evidence for that."
- Editor in Chief Bill
Drjackson

Postby Derek H » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:29 pm

One of the factions in our campaign has these blokes fighting for them - naked religious nutters wearing nothing but skeleton warpaint and carrying AK47s.

The paint job was inspired by my memory of some old film (possibly black and white) in which the valiant heros (or hero singular) were assailed by hordes of natives dressed similarly, but carrying spears rather than AKs. I thought it was a Tarzan, King Solomons Mines or some sort of Lost World film , but having spent ages on Google I can't establish which film I'm remembering (or mis-remembering). Can anyone here help?
Derek H

Postby Monkeyborg » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:11 pm

I loved Ztum-Setum back in the day. Bought AK47 on the back of it. Inspiring stuff. Nice to see it back again.
Monkeyborg

Postby Bronshtein » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:29 pm

Lost World (1992 TV remake)
https://youtu.be/fWwhGBzWeOI
c1min35sec

But you have real life (albeit Papua not Africa)
Bronshtein

Postby Derek H » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:12 pm

Thanks Bronny! I found the real life Ghost Dancers easily enough, it was the film I was having difficulty with.
Derek H

Postby Drjackson » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:53 pm

I saw dudes as skeletons in Kenya , I'll check my photos to try and remember where
"Your assumption is that TMP's fortunes are down because of something I'm doing (or not doing). Again, that's your opinion, but there's no evidence for that."
- Editor in Chief Bill
Drjackson

Postby Bronshtein » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:12 pm

And what substances were we chewing while we were in Kenya sir?
Bronshtein

Postby Drjackson » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:52 pm

None.

It was some Masai boys in a ritual for something or other up near the Ugandan border. No AK47's though, but lots of bead trinket sellers.
- Editor in Chief Bill
Drjackson

Postby Australian Dawn » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:37 am

Those Papua natives look great, they'd make a great unit for pulp games.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Next

Return to Wargames Misc.