Julian...Lennon??

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Julian...Lennon??

Postby rebelyell2006 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:29 pm

Except, of course, the shitweasel gave advice and coordinated illegal hacking, instead of just accepting what people gave him.
rebelyell2006

Postby Bronshtein » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:43 pm

Of course anything is illegal if the legislature says it is.
So posting on Frothers could be illegal tomorrow if someone wanted to bother.
If that illegal activity (the hacking; not Frothers) reveals a greater crime, which one should we pursue with the greatest vigour for rectification?

'Illegality' isn't always the crime it may appear (of course, it often is and Julian should certainly be extradited to Sweden).

No-one should be sent to US 'justice' until it stops being corrupt, unjust and inhuman.
So no time soon.
Bronshtein

Postby rebelyell2006 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:17 pm

Bronshtein wrote:Of course anything is illegal if the legislature says it is.

And water is wet. If the legislation protects or expands liberties for society, or addresses an ethical concern for society, then the legislation is justifiable.

Bronshtein wrote:If that illegal activity (the hacking; not Frothers) reveals a greater crime, which one should we pursue with the greatest vigour for rectification?

Considering that the illegal activity consisted of hacking DNC computers in order to steal private communications and in-house polling data, along with personal information on DNC members, I'd say no crime was revealed. But we are talking about Wikileaks, an espionage organization that released the private contact information on thousands of registered Turkish women voters, women who were mostly not interested in Erdogan's conservative agenda. The same Erdogan who wants stronger ties with Russia and weaker ties with the USA.

Bronshtein wrote:No-one should be sent to US 'justice' until it stops being corrupt, unjust and inhuman.
So no time soon.

US "justice" is slanted against poor people, LGBT people, and non-white people. A creepy wealthy conservative male albino like Assange will not suffer, especially since he worked to help both the current administration and Russia.
rebelyell2006

Postby I. Montoya » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:05 pm

A creepy wealthy conservative...

“Conservative”. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
I. Montoya

Postby rebelyell2006 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:18 pm

International relations make strange bedfellows. Like how Assange would ally himself with a conservative authoritarian like Putin, and a conservative authoritarian like Metamucilini.
rebelyell2006

Postby Bronshtein » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:28 pm

rebelyell2006 wrote:a load of stuff missing the point...

And if the legislation isn't all peachy on liberty? If it constricts and attacks liberty? It is still the law and then people like Assange may be useful to break that unjustified law.

Nothing to do with the DNC hack.
Your DoJ have asked to extradite Assange over the Manning incident.

So a pro-Russian 'creepy' albino is going to prosper in the US penal system? (and wtf has his white hair got to do with it? - I didn't think he was an albino anyway?)
Bronshtein

Postby guest » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:44 pm

So a pro-Russian 'creepy' albino is going to prosper in the US penal system? (and wtf has his white hair got to do with it?

It's rebelyell. Just assume he doesn't have a clue. Assange is pro Assange and pro disruption. Not an albino. White hair doesn't have anything to do with it.

Except to rebelyell. Who doesn't have a clue.

Postby rebelyell2006 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:50 pm

Bronshtein wrote:
rebelyell2006 wrote:a load of stuff missing the point...

And if the legislation isn't all peachy on liberty? If it constricts and attacks liberty? It is still the law and then people like Assange may be useful to break that unjustified law.

That's why there are checks and balances to ensure that legislation doesn't take away liberty. That's why courts exist.

Bronshtein wrote:Nothing to do with the DNC hack.
Your DoJ have asked to extradite Assange over the Manning incident.

Which is a situation in which he coached someone on how to illegally remove data and smuggle it out. That does not make him a journalist. That makes him an active partner in the conspiracy to remove classified data. The New York Times did not participate in the removal of the Pentagon Papers from secure locations, they only printed them.

Bronshtein wrote:So a pro-Russian 'creepy' albino is going to prosper in the US penal system? (and wtf has his white hair got to do with it? - I didn't think he was an albino anyway?)

He is white and wealthy, so he will do well. That is my point. He won't have a public defender, he won't be abused in prison, his sentences will be much lower than that of a person of color convicted of drug-related charges.
rebelyell2006

Postby guest » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:49 pm

he won't be abused in prison...

You know this how, exactly? I'd bet just the opposite.

Postby rebelyell2006 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:09 pm

guest wrote:
he won't be abused in prison...

You know this how, exactly? I'd bet just the opposite.

Federal prisons, unlike state prisons, typically do not have too much mingling between prisoners. If they convict him and send him to a federal supermax, he will have his own cell and be kept safe.
rebelyell2006

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot