Meanwhile, in the rest of the world...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Meanwhile, in the rest of the world...

Postby Obese Trout » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:04 pm

"Bigby Wolf" (newbie) is gonna get Gwenned ... at best

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=516208

Such fucking heresy!
Obese Trout

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:51 pm

Using an iPhone will turn you gay.
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world- ... r-20392402
I hope he has to pay his lawyer in advance.

Postby JJCH nli » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:15 am

Oh dear! A massive earthquake has hit New Zealand.

Bye-bye All Blacks, you never even got close. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Suck it up boys!
JJCH nli

Postby Derek H » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:42 pm

JJCH nli wrote:Oh dear! A massive earthquake has hit New Zealand.

Bye-bye All Blacks, you never even got close. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Suck it up boys!

it would bring a tear to a glass eye.
Pimping my blog at http://dereksweetoys.com/
Derek H

Postby Bronshtein » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:04 pm

Rugby?
Stupid fucking game. :evil:
Bronshtein

Postby JJCH nli » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:37 am

A lot of ‘a game for the purists’ on the local commentary. That’s typically code for fucking uninspiring rugger. Never mind England would have demolished either of them on the basis of tournament form. At least I’m not in the position of having to choose between England and Wales and can enjoy belting out ‘Kill the Boer’ between rounds of Swing Low Sweet Chariot next weekend.
JJCH nli

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:56 am

A link to this was posted on TMP:
http://wargamingco.blogspot.com/2019/08 ... ralia.html
Not very reassuring.
I do think we need to try and get some respect on the world stage.
(These days it seems the more backward you are the more respect your culture gets, no one's interested in the culture of a modern, peaceful, successful, liberal, democratic western society, too boring. They might miss it when it's gone though! And the way things are going I don't like Australia's chances of surviving this century. :( )
ScoMo is such a useless schmoozer... I can't help but think his sucking up to foreign dignitaries and powers just makes us look weak and pathetic, I wish he'd follow Harold Holt's example... :twisted:
Sigh, why's China gotta be dicks? Can't they just be happy getting richer and more powerful?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Bronshtein » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:19 pm

Well, putting aside for the moment that John has an academic career in cyber war to maintain and that he sells books about this stuff, he probably ain't far off.

China's only interested now in extending the Chinese Empire - large chunks of what we call China are former independent states that got swept up into Chinese hegemony and the Chinese have been more ruthless and more successful than most western empires in eradicating competing languages and cultures (come back in a few decades to see how this is still workign in Tibet and the Uighur culture).

Sorry Colin but it's true mate.

There are no fluffy bunnies in Beijing.

As for why China can't be dicks - why should they not be? Everyone else is.

Trump shat on the Kurds and will do so to anyone else - to 'Make America Great Again'.

As for prosperity making you 'nice' - it wasn't the British Govt that wanted an Empire- they got one through the Dishonourable East India Company nicking swathes of Asia and then fucking up the admin/getting someone else to pay for the admin. Money is the problem not the cure.

Aus?

Get some unique chemical/resource/skill set that the West needs to hold off the Red/Yellow/Black/Brown/Muslim/Commie/Pinko/Godless hordes and the good ol' US of A will be there like a shot (is this a good thing?).

Othersise you are on your own pal.
Bronshtein

Postby Australian Dawn » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:00 am

I hope Trump's betrayal of the Kurds isn't the standard everyone adopts going forward, the world was dog eat dog enough before FFS.
The East India Company may be what kicked off the Empire but I don't know if the Chinese government even has that sort of fig leaf excuse, their expansionist aims seem deliberate and calculated enough to me.
I realise wealth doesn't fix all ills, but why the hell rock the boat when they are doing so well? They seem to be onto a pretty good thing, If China and Aus swapped places economically I can't imagine Australia going on like China does, we may not be saints but we wouldn't risk buggering up when we were doing well just to act like dicks. Is it all down to the man at the top as it is in America with Trump and his lunatic shenanigans?
Or is the Chinese government beholden to the military like a tin pot dictatorship and need to stir up agro to keep them sweet so they don't stage a coup or something, I'd have thought China was beyond that sort of consideration but maybe I'm wrong?
Or are they just acting this way because they've always acted that way, stuck in a rut culturally speaking?
Maybe I'm just not cynical enough, I thought my outlook was bleak but you make me feel like a starry eyed optimist Bronshtein!
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:00 am

I hope Trump's betrayal of the Kurds isn't the standard everyone adopts going forward, the world was dog eat dog enough before FFS.
The East India Company may be what kicked off the Empire but I don't know if the Chinese government even has that sort of fig leaf excuse, their expansionist aims seem deliberate and calculated enough to me.
I realise wealth doesn't fix all ills, but why the hell rock the boat when they are doing so well? They seem to be onto a pretty good thing, If China and Aus swapped places economically I can't imagine Australia going on like China does, we may not be saints but we wouldn't risk buggering up when we were doing well just to act like dicks. Is it all down to the man at the top as it is in America with Trump and his lunatic shenanigans?
Or is the Chinese government beholden to the military like a tin pot dictatorship and need to stir up agro to keep them sweet so they don't stage a coup or something, I'd have thought China was beyond that sort of consideration but maybe I'm wrong?
Or are they just acting this way because they've always acted that way, stuck in a rut culturally speaking?
Maybe I'm just not cynical enough, I thought my outlook was bleak but you make me feel like a starry eyed optimist Bronshtein!
Australian Dawn

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot