State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby General Apathy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:28 am

Not suggesting anyone should download from the site. Just thought the article could prove interesting as time progresses. If it is legit. I don't think the foundation would be so stupid as to have a folder labeled "Pay to Play" but who knows? We'll see what, if anything develops.

Kyote, I do read Nate Silver. I also read other stuff. Just saying that I've given you a lot of information including from our own government that you may read, but then blow off. Which is fine, but you can't pretend to be objective if you are believing the administration has done a great job with the economy when there are government websites that provide, as Paul Harvey used to say "...the rest of the story."
...all this from someone who is neither apathetic nor a general
General Apathy

Postby kyotebue2 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:00 am

The current administration has done the best it could...with total obstruction from Congress so no it's not what it could be but then it's a miracle it's not in the shitter. So that is the rest of the story......
kyotebue2

Postby General Apathy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:59 am

The best it could? Based on what metric? When they saw what they were doing wasn't working, what adjustments did they make to correct their course? What new approaches did they try? How did they track how they were doing?

Why did they close the transparency board that was supposed to keep the public informed?
Biden was appointed as the Stimulus Czar. What did he do?

It is in the shitter, and you are great at ignoring reality.

With the massive amounts of money borrowed from China, poorly spent, badly tracked, with no transparency and no accountability, with a Dem Congress for two full years with not a damn thing to show for it, and a continuation of failed policies for the remaining six years, your explanation does not hold water.

Which spending that Obama wanted was not granted? How does that compare to all that was funded?

Congress under the GOP completely surrendered the power of the purse designed by the framers.

You are only fooling yourself, but I think you really know that
General Apathy

Postby kyotebue2 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:08 am

Well that was a mistake.....nothing but RW talking points...sorry JJ will not happen again.
kyotebue2

Postby General Apathy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:24 am

I'm assuming you aren't calling questions as talking points. You just can't answer them and maintain your fantasy.

So tell me...what have I posted that is not true?
General Apathy

Postby kyotebue2 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:27 am

You just have right wing fantasy's so we have no shared reality. Shrug.
kyotebue2

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:38 am

zippy der nar wrote:I'm amused, condi. Got a link for this? I'd enjoy more of it.

:-?
The link is above the quote...
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Mr moonshine » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:47 am

kyotebue2 wrote:You just have right wing fantasy's so we have no shared reality. Shrug.

This is textbook regressive liberalism; Can't address the points raised so shits pants and creates a meaningless ad hominem in order to cover a cowardly escape.

Seriously, watch the posts of Altius, Monkeyborg, Mac et al and you will see the same tactic used again and again and again.
Mr moonshine

Postby Monkeyborg » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:08 am

I don't use 'tactics', but then I don't talk politics, particularly here. But thanks so much for the name check, precious.

Regressive liberal? Moi? No. Seriously Tarquin, you're talking out of your arse. But I'm sure you'll keep saying it again and again and again until you believe it's true.

The regressive left (also sometimes referred to as regressive liberals) is a political epithet used to negatively characterize a section of left-wing politics which is accused of paradoxically holding reactionary views due to its tolerance of illiberal principles and ideologies (such as extremist Islamism) for the sake of multiculturalism and cultural relativism.

…that instead of criticising "cultural tolerance gone too far", the phrase has "become a catch-all for any element of the dominant new media culture that the anti-SJW internet doesn't like." …term can be sourced back to liberal commentators like Nawaz, Maher and Dawkins, it is currently heavily used by alt-right people on Internet forums and social media as part of their rhetorical warfare.

EDIT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regressive_left
Last edited by Monkeyborg on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monkeyborg

Postby Mr Moonshine » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:43 am

Monkeyborg wrote:I don't use 'tactics', but then I don't talk politics, particularly here. But thanks so much for the name check, precious.

Regressive liberal? Moi? No. Seriously Tarquin, you're talking out of your arse. But I'm sure you'll keep saying it again and again and again until you believe it's true.

The regressive left (also sometimes referred to as regressive liberals) is a political epithet used to negatively characterize a section of left-wing politics which is accused of paradoxically holding reactionary views due to its tolerance of illiberal principles and ideologies (such as extremist Islamism) for the sake of multiculturalism and cultural relativism.

…that instead of criticising "cultural tolerance gone too far", the phrase has "become a catch-all for any element of the dominant new media culture that the anti-SJW internet doesn't like." …term can be sourced back to liberal commentators like Nawaz, Maher and Dawkins, it is currently heavily used by alt-right people on Internet forums and social media as part of their rhetorical warfare.

You didn't even say where that quote comes from. I'm going to laugh my ass off if it turns out to be from a source that is well known for being regressive liberal. Anyone taking bets?
I also like it how you put the alt-right bit in bold, but didn't highlight the "liberal commentators" bit. Truth is, truly liberally minded people, real progressives, are getting sick to death of the bat-shit crazy regressives that are doing their best to destroy the west with their attack on free speech and reason.
Off you to toodle now to watch "5 reasons you're a regressive liberal". Unless you can criticise the 5 points raised, or seriously dispute that any of the 5 have not become a major problem in society, then you have no leg to stand on.
Mr Moonshine

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot