State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Macunaima » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:37 am

McKinstry wrote:
Pretty sure it will be another popular vote loss for the Republicans. Will their gerrymandering be enough to pull the shitgibbon through?

I am fairly certain Trump loses nationally by 5% or better which should translate into a popular vote loss by at least 6 million. At some point Republicans or what remains of Republicans mixed with Trump cultists need to come face to face with having lost the popular vote in 8 of the last 9 elections. Cheating the popular will by voter suppression in various flavors is not a long term viable political strategy unless your ultimate goal is authoritarianism.

That’s not only always been the ultimate goal, it is, in a way, the operating structure.
Macunaima

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:58 am

Video Parodying Stranded Omaha Trump Rally Attendees Watched Over 3 Million Times...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A video parodying Donald Trump supporters who were stranded after attending a rally in Omaha, Nebraska, has gone viral.

In a satirical take on Wednesday night's election event, Blaire Erskine portrayed a fictitious Trump rally attendee. She stood clutching her arms and appearing to shiver as she spoke directly into the camera in a Blair Witch Project-style clip.

"I'm having a great time, I can't feel my body, but I don't really need my body, this is about Trump's body," she joked.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1321394578952495105
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Ssanemax » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:27 pm

kyotebue2 wrote:I'm really wondering how the vote will go in Texas, they have more early votes than all the voting in 2016.

that worries me a little, and should worry you more. That level of enthusiasm..... For Joe Biden? I am not sure. :(
Ssanemax

Postby kyotebue2 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:16 pm

86 million have voted and the line for early voting in El Reno at the Canadian County Election Board was longer today than yesterday, I know because I had to buy 6 more propane tanks to get us thru the weekend as OG&E will not get our power back on until Sunday or Monday.
As for Texas, it may go Blue this year or in 2024.
kyotebue2

Postby Macunaima » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:38 pm

Ssanemax wrote:
kyotebue2 wrote:I'm really wondering how the vote will go in Texas, they have more early votes than all the voting in 2016.

that worries me a little, and should worry you more. That level of enthusiasm..... For Joe Biden? I am not sure. :(

Trump generates his own anti-Trump enthusiasm.
Macunaima

Postby Voice From Limbo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:47 am

Last Randy before Election Day.

https://youtu.be/gnca1VxL7eI
Voice From Limbo

Postby kyotebue2 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:55 am

My Lady Joyce loves Randy Rainbow !!!!!
kyotebue2

Postby kyotebue2 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:13 pm

90 million have already voted. RealClear Politics (A right-wing polling site) still has Biden leading in all 6 swing states. I still have no power.
kyotebue2

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:18 pm

kyotebue2 wrote:90 million have already voted. RealClear Politics (A right-wing polling site) still has Biden leading in all 6 swing states. I still have no power.

A little less hubris on your part might serve you well.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/2020-polls-li ... 48773.html

The stupid twat won last time, demonstrating just how fucking stupid the American public are (and yes, Condi, we voted for Brexit and Johnson. I never claimed the US had sole dibs on acting like twats). It could so easily happen again - I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Postby kyotebue2 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:30 pm

I'm just giving the polls from a right-wing site. Shrug.
kyotebue2

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot