State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Hew Johns » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:50 pm

I think Trump's legal and financial troubles are much more real than they might appear from afar.
C.P.C.B.
Hew Johns

Postby Ssanemax » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:35 pm

Marcus Calpurnius Bibulus wrote:I think Gaius Julius Caesar's legal and financial troubles are much more real than they might appear from afar.

That's not a happy thought is it?
Ssanemax

Postby Macunaima » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:39 pm

Hew Johns wrote:I think Trump's legal and financial troubles are much more real than they might appear from afar.

I agree, which is why I think Trump is doing everything he can to avoid losing.

The State of New York, for one, will be knocking on his door for tax fraud ASAP.

This is why his kids are getting so much face time these days. Trump wants to set up a political dynasty. He figures that if he loses and loses big, but positions a kid for power in 2024, he can hold off the wolves for four years.

Trump has serious legal and financial difficulties, from what I have been able to gather. Also? Although Orange Julius would love to be President for Life, I doubt the Generals will follow him, even though the neo-confederate trash who fill the ranks of the army probably think it would be a great idea.
Macunaima

Postby Macunaima » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:41 pm

I would LOVE to see the State of New York hand him a subpoena the minute after Biden is sworn in.

Of course,Biden has to win, first, and then has to have the victory ratified.
Macunaima

Postby Ssanemax » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:46 pm

Macunaima wrote:even though the neo-confederate trash who fill the ranks of the army probably think it would be a great idea.

You have such a happy turn of phrase when it comes to describing 1.3 million people. Have you ever considered going into Politics? :D :D

I am quite sure if Trump gets shirty, the Generals only have to stamp their feet for Loyal forces to rise up.
Ssanemax

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:04 pm

Ssanemax wrote:
Macunaima wrote:even though the neo-confederate trash who fill the ranks of the army probably think it would be a great idea.

You have such a happy turn of phrase when it comes to describing 1.3 million people. Have you ever considered going into Politics? :D :D

I am quite sure if Trump gets shirty, the Generals only have to stamp their feet for Loyal forces to rise up.

Don't stroke his ego! :roll:

Thinking about it, he does come across as a politician:

1) Paranoia... :sniper:

2) Appropriating what another said... :cuss:

3) Fill in the blank... 0;)
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Ssanemax » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:16 pm

Macunaima wrote:I would LOVE to see the State of New York hand him a subpoena the minute after Biden is sworn in.

So what you are calling for is for them to Lock Him Up? Lock Him Up? Lock Him Up?

It's an original thought, for you. Perhaps to make sure he doesn't escape they should build a wall around him. Build that Wall! Build That Wall!

"I will love it if we beat them, love it!"
Ssanemax

Postby Macunaima » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:09 pm

Ssanemax wrote:

If you think that neo-Confederate trash is not waaaaaaaaaay over represented in the ranks of the U.S. Army, you haven’t been paying attention for the last half century. Saying that is not the same thing as saying that every member of the Army — or even the majority — is neoconfederate trash.

Btw, Pat, I am willing to bet quite a lot of money that I have more friends in the U.S. Army than you do.
Last edited by Macunaima on Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macunaima

Postby Macunaima » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:11 pm

Ssanemax wrote:
Macunaima wrote:I would LOVE to see the State of New York hand him a subpoena the minute after Biden is sworn in.

So what you are calling for is for them to Lock Him Up? Lock Him Up? Lock Him Up?

It's an original thought, for you. Perhaps to make sure he doesn't escape they should build a wall around him. Build that Wall! Build That Wall!

"I will love it if we beat them, love it!"

Dodging taxes to the tune of millions is a well-established crime in New York, Pat. You’d have to do a lot of semantic gymnastics to claim that misusing an email server is treason.
Macunaima

Postby McKinstry » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:39 pm

The State of New York, for one, will be knocking on his door for tax fraud ASAP

Trump has already plead guilty to forging his accountants' signature to a false income and expense document submitted for property tax purposes in an attempt to support a lower value. He has a well documented history of claiming properties have inflated values for loan purposes often supported with MAI (made as instructed) appraisals essentially using economic extortion to get the value desired from the appraiser often while almost simultaneously submitting appraisals on the property tax side, often by the same appraisal firm, claiming to support a much lower value using the bogus income and expense forms. Sadly this is not unusual as the NYC Assessor's office has a long and sullied history of corruption and common practice even when someone or some organization is caught, only the minor minions get in genuine legal trouble as opposed to a slap on the wrist monetary fine. That has changed over the past decade and things are better. If that is the case and Trump or his organization cannot claim selective prosecution, I think at least he could get hoisted on that petard.

Income tax fraud is likely a far greater danger but I do not know if the level of fudging will rise to fraud but as in most criminal and greedy organizations, if lower level minions start to take it in the neck they will flip (Cohen may have supplied enough ammunition on his own) then bribery and racketeering become very real possibilities.

I do not see a Democrat lead Federal Government actively trying to jail the Orange Douchebag if he leaves reasonably peacefully without trying to trash everything in a tantrum on the way out. The specter of jailing your predecessor reeks of banana republic behavior. We may be sinking to that level but I hope not. Destroying the Trump Organization as a criminal enterprise and jailing a spawn (or spawn-in-law) however would not seem out of place.

I would like to see Stephen Miller forced into sunlight just to see if he combusts. I still think that bastard is Nosferatu.
McKinstry

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot