State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:46 pm

McKinstry wrote:The everyone is corrupt line of thinking is, I believe, both a corrosive and lazy excuse to justify inaction or more often, a cheap false equivalency to justify bad behavior by "your" side.

Trump is and has been demonstrably corrupt on a scale unprecedented in modern times. Biden while certainly guilty of bad judgement in not forcibly discouraging his son from accepting the Burisima Board seat received no apparent personal benefit nor has their been any other legitimate (non- right wing wingnut accusations) hints of enrichment.

Lumping the two together simply excuses Trump's egregious evil by creating a false equivalency and possibly worse, justifies a cynicism towards all politics that encourages people to opt out of the process with the "they are all the same, why bother" attitude.

I happen to believe that if implemented, the policies in Biden’s platform will be ruinous for the American economy. Plus I believe that he is highly corrupt, even by Democrat standards. That’s a high bar.
I also happen to distrust Trump, and frankly he scares me.

Tell me again how the choice is clear. It is if your mind was made up 4 years ago.

Postby Hew Johns » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:17 pm

Do you believe the microwave is watching?
C.P.C.B.
Hew Johns

Postby McKinstry » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:01 pm

Plus I believe that he is highly corrupt, even by Democrat standards. That’s a high bar.

I've got a great many dollars on you just repeating that line after using it on Hillary.

You are certainly free to believe however you wish but what you cannot point to is an ounce of proof.

On the other hand, just today we have Trump totally abusing, without precedent, the power of the office to demand Barr appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Biden/Obama and of course, Hillary. All the while his incompetent Son-In-Law remains on the payroll getting miraculous loan renegotiations on his foolishly awful real estate investments and his beloved daughter violates the Hatch Act daily. Not to mention a history that includes an admission of forgery (NY property tax income sheet filing) and charging the public for legal efforts on his multiple sexual assault litigations. And of course, Stormy Daniels money and let us never forget the deeply mourned Trump University. These are but a few of the many Trump 101 corruptions primer.

Whereas the alleged Biden "corruption" stems from a legally blind, can't make that shit up rabid Trump fan who says that someone (no identity cause ya know blind) dropped off three water damaged Mac Books and never picked them up. Somehow (great intuition) he decides they belong to Biden (but no paper trail) and decides to check the hard drives and reads the emails (Note to self - never let this asshole fix my stuff). Voila! Because he now is "scared" of the vast Biden power he goes to Rudy Giuliani but not directly. Somehow a Ukrainian who also according to the State department and the FBI may have ties to Russian Intelligence (Rudy says it's 50/50 he's GRU) gets involved. Rudy gives the hard drive summaries to The New York Post because, and again you cannot make this shit up, because the rest of the media would demand to verify it before publishing. It should be also noted that the tabloid New York Post has a number of journalists demand that their byline be removed because they think the story smells.

Upshot is the FBI headed by Trump appointee Chris Wray, the guy who says their is no evidence at all that mail in balloting is or ever was at risk of fraud and that right wing violence is the Nation's worst terrorist threat, is investigating the hard drive. The investigation is primarily focused on the whole thing as a Russian disinformation campaign and warned Trump, in 2019, that the Russians were making a concerted effort to dupe Giuliani.

But again, can't blame people for trying the old false equivalency scam.
McKinstry

Postby McKinstry » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:03 am

. It is if your mind was made up 4 years ago.

My mind was made up in 1972, my first time I was eligible to vote. I was still forming most of my views but even then I was certain on my most important value, never vote for the biggest asshole.

Trump was a gaping asshole long before 2016 and for most of that stretch he was an abortion supporting liberal Democrat. His total douchebaggery has simply been added as frosting on the feces laden cake that is his newly discovered psuedo-conservatism when the Democrats had the temerity to elect a black guy who made fun of him at a banquet.
McKinstry

Postby kyotebue2 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:20 am

Weirdly enough I voted against Nixon in 1972. I read Trump's book a former friend loaned it to me, that's when I knew he was an arrogant crook and conman. So yes my mind was made up long long ago,
kyotebue2

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:10 am

Guest wrote:
McKinstry wrote:The everyone is corrupt line of thinking is, I believe, both a corrosive and lazy excuse to justify inaction or more often, a cheap false equivalency to justify bad behavior by "your" side.

Trump is and has been demonstrably corrupt on a scale unprecedented in modern times. Biden while certainly guilty of bad judgement in not forcibly discouraging his son from accepting the Burisima Board seat received no apparent personal benefit nor has their been any other legitimate (non- right wing wingnut accusations) hints of enrichment.

Lumping the two together simply excuses Trump's egregious evil by creating a false equivalency and possibly worse, justifies a cynicism towards all politics that encourages people to opt out of the process with the "they are all the same, why bother" attitude.

I happen to believe that if implemented, the policies in Biden’s platform will be ruinous for the American economy. Plus I believe that he is highly corrupt, even by Democrat standards. That’s a high bar.
I also happen to distrust Trump, and frankly he scares me.

Tell me again how the choice is clear. It is if your mind was made up 4 years ago.

I ask again: What makes Biden highly corrupt?

Why do you think his platform would be ruinous? He's merely adding to what Obama tried to do in his eight years and he's no different than Clinton. The only difference is that if the Democrats get their majority and waste it bickering, Biden will be able implement a bunch of useful policies and he won't take any guff from Neo Confederate trash.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby kyotebue2 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:50 am

Sam Elliott did the voice over for a Biden ad, trumpers heads explode.
kyotebue2

Postby McKinstry » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:21 am

Weirdly enough I voted against Nixon in 1972

Nice to know you conformed to the never vote for the biggest asshole rule. I had just returned from a Southeast Asia Uncle Sam Tourist Excursion and up until the Colorado Vote by Mail I just sent in for Biden, I never enjoyed a vote as much as that 1972 vote for McGovern even if he got slaughtered although I suspect I'll enjoy this outcome a lot more.
McKinstry

Postby kyotebue2 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:29 am

We all know how it turned out for Nixon. I think Trump's fall will be even more dramatic.
kyotebue2

Postby Ssanemax » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:15 pm

kyotebue2 wrote:We all know how it turned out for Nixon. I think Trump's fall will be even more dramatic.

If he loses, I fear it will not be all that exciting. When Nixon was brought low, the American people had had a series of apparently honest, apparently decent Presidents for most adult's memories. It was a shock.

Trump, if he loses, will just slime off to any one of a healthy number of TV offers where he will continue loudly and publicly bringing your Presidency into disrepute every day until he dies. And unless you are lucky, he will be there poisoning the body Politic for the 2024 election.

'The Best Men do not Go Into Politics'. Who said that? Can't recall.
Ssanemax

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot