State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby kyotebue2 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:37 am

Hey random can you name any friends who are ex Dems ??? er that we would know.
kyotebue2

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:07 am

kyotebue2 wrote:Hey random can you name any friends who are ex Dems ??? er that we would know.

Me.
I was a life long Democrat until I quit in disgust over Bill Clinton.

Postby Voice From Limbo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:08 am

Guest wrote:Why has no one commented yet on his knowledge of geography?
https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/10/23/ ... ado-trump/

Because the lies and idiocies come too fast to keep up with. The late night shows usually feature a decent selection.

In other, more (sur)real news, here's a serious dig into the Guiliani "associates":

Well worth a read, or if you have time, a listen, for the interviews.

Maybe Winnie could even forgo 11 minutes out of Rush's hours for some actual information. :D
Last edited by Voice From Limbo on Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voice From Limbo

Postby Voice From Limbo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:16 am

Guest wrote:
kyotebue2 wrote:Hey random can you name any friends who are ex Dems ??? er that we would know.

Me.

And that seems to have broken your Disgustometer: "Ah did not have sexual relations with that woman" was just too much, but "When you're famous, they let you grab them by the pussy" keeps you voting Republican. Yeehah!
Voice From Limbo

Postby kyotebue2 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:21 am

That could explain why you hate Hillery then.
kyotebue2

Postby McKinstry » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:35 am

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/deat ... 33528.html

Trump is simply a 'worst case' manifestation of a reaction to a changing world and a changing America that, I believe, the linked article addresses. Without adding any pejorative opinions the numbers bode ill for any long term attempt to maintain the Trumpification of the GOP. Under-educated white males and white evangelicals are Trump's core groups, by far, and they are declining rapidly both in absolute numbers and in their ability to influence the national dialog.

Insulting Trump voters may be cheap and easy but to be fair, the Democrats did treat Hillary more as a coronation than an election and both parties were, justifiably, incapable of truly understanding the depths of Trump's ignorance, overarching narcissism and outright corruption. In an ideal world evangelicals will continue to decline as a percent of voters and under-educated angry white males will continue to self-select themselves out of the voter pool but I fear 2020 may be too soon to benefit from the demographic glacier grinding the GOP into extinction.

Hating Bill Clinton for repealing Glass-Stegall is actually pretty justified.
McKinstry

Postby Voice From Limbo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:47 am

Thought you'd left us, McKinstry! :D

I doubt that was what brought out the disgust.

It was a dumb move; Clinton deregulated, but W put it in overdrive. We lived through the results, but Trump and the Republicans learned nothing. I should qualify that:Trump doesn't care -- a sociopath believes, usually on good evidence, that he can con his way out of anything.

One thing I didn't see in the article: as I heard Andrew Yang point out today, being in debt, unable to pay your bills, has been demonstrated to have a measurable effect on IQ scores. The ever-increasing concentration of wealth, and the worsening poverty as a result of income disparity, contributes to the lack of critical thinking,and the willingness of people in despair to turn their lives over to the Great Leader Who Alone Can Fix It.

Not to mention 24 hour a day propaganda. Some revealing survey results here:

https://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/?p=43067
Voice From Limbo

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:16 am

Voice From Limbo wrote:
Guest wrote:

Me.

And that seems to have broken your Disgustometer: "Ah did not have sexual relations with that woman" was just too much, but "When you're famous, they let you grab them by the pussy" keeps you voting Republican. Yeehah!

It was the whole bit.
Cattle futures.
Marky Post and friend jumping up and down on the mattress in the Lincoln Bedroom.
Selling ICBM technology to the Red Chinese. That is what he should have been impeached for.
The Clinton Foundation.
And so on ad infinitum.
The Clintons don’t have an honest bone in their bodies.
Chelsea feels as entitled as Hillary, but at least she’s lazy. We don’t need more Bushes or Kennedys or Clintons or any other dynasty.

I didn’t say I’d vote for Trump in 2020. But I will definitely not vote for any of those Looney Tunes Democrats. Maybe I’ll write in Ross Perot. Or me.

50:50 Hillary jumps in.

Postby Macunaima nli » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:28 pm

kyotebue2 wrote:That could explain why you hate Hillery then.

Easy.

1) She’s a woman, and;

2) As Rush puts it, she reminds him of his first wife because she has opinions he disagrees with.
Macunaima nli

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot