State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:12 am

Whiggish person wrote:As far as I can see, he thought he was offering first class secure accommodations, at cost.

Do you seriously believe that? Despite everything he's done and the way he's acted to date?
How very trusting of you.

Postby Voice From Limbo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:42 am

Here are some things that came out of his mouth just today:

https://youtu.be/51_Wab82Zm8

We are so proud.
Voice From Limbo

Postby kyotebue2 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:47 am

A 71-minute poor pitiful me show.
kyotebue2

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:03 am

kyotebue2 wrote:A 71-minute poor pitiful me show.

Yes. He was being an asshole. Impeachable?
Go and vote in 2022. That will be a legitimate removal.
How blue does Oklahoma look? :D

Postby Voice From Limbo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:05 am

On the upside, Colbert's back in town to take advantage of it:

https://youtu.be/cW2I8v85544
Voice From Limbo

Postby kyotebue2 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:15 am

Oklahoma looks a bit more urban Kendra Horn has outraised her GOP rivals, Tulsa and Norman look to be turning Blue. The Oklahoma state GOP is broke with the treasurer being sued by the vice-chairman and the State DA looking at criminal charges.
kyotebue2

Postby Whiggish person » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:26 am

Funny thing about impeachment.
Andrew Johnson was impeached for being an asshole. The “high crime” he was accused of was unconstitutional, and the Congress that passed it knew it. They just wanted to rid themselves of an asshole. Who would have succeeded him was very unclear and murky. No 25th Amendment in 1868.
It’s funny that his assholish behavior was trying to undo the results of the Civil War. Why JFK made the man whose vote to not convict a “Profile in Courage”, I’ll never know. That’s kind of like honoring a roadblock to Civil Rights.

Bill Clinton was guilty of much more than he was impeached for. But that couldn’t be proved so “they” went for what was not technically perjury, if you want to twist the definition. Newt never had the votes in the Senate, yet he went ahead anyway. Newt wanted to remove Clinton because he thought he was an asshole. Newt did a lot of damage.

As for Nixon. He could probably have been convicted, but he resigned. I believe he resigned to spare the country. Just like he did not dispute JFK’s blatant cheating in the 1960 election. To spare the country.
I find it ironic that the most honorable of the three is the one removed from office. The other two reprobates lucked out.
If Trump resigns, it will certainly not be from wishing to spare the country. He’ll have an ironclad pardon for everything first.

Let’s hear it from Merle.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sxLtXJzo3Ew
Whiggish person

Postby uest » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:36 am

We are so fortunate to have so many experts contributing to this page who know so much about everything and willing to inform us.
uest

Postby kyotebue2 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:55 am

You are very welcome random. I would rather hear some Emmylou.
kyotebue2

Postby Jakar Nilson » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:59 am

Voice From Limbo wrote:Here are some things that came out of his mouth just today:

https://youtu.be/51_Wab82Zm8

We are so proud.

A good thing I spent the entire day working at the polls without any contact with the outside world, other than electors coming in. Good ol' paper ballots. No stupid hanging chads, rigged voting machines or any such contraptions.
"There are those that claim that war is all glory, but I can tell you it is all hell." -William Tecumseh Sherman

http://dp9forum.com/aurora/ Read Alfie's Tenners, every second month in Aurora magazine!
Jakar Nilson
Associate Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot