The Thread you can all ignore Brazil, Brazil, Brazil.

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Thread you can all ignore Brazil, Brazil, Brazil.

Postby Bronshtein » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:18 pm

Weird. Quite an eclectic collection.
I presume you will now undertake a chase around most of the globe with a trail of dead people in your wake - those who help, Vatican agents, remnants of the Ahnenerbe, SVR, CIA, Chinese MSS etc etc.
Good luck, have fun and remember your best helper is the one seeking your doom.
Look forward to the film :D
Bronshtein

Postby Macunaima nli » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:44 pm

JJCH nli wrote:
Macunaima nli wrote:Well, my life just got hella interesting awful fast. Aside from the double murder I witnessed last week out in Macaé, there’s now this:

https://g1.globo.com/rj/rio-de-janeiro/ ... w004ntZOlQ

A third rate professor at a fourth rate university I may well be, but at least I got to play Indiana Jones! :lol:

Uaua!

Must come as some consolation for missing out on the gig as head of FUNAI. You have to admit, they couldn’t have made a more inspired choice if they had tried.

Whereabouts in Copacabana btw?

Almost smack dab in the middle. Re: FUNAI, yeah. :(
Macunaima nli

Postby Macunaima nli » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:47 pm

Bronshtein wrote:Weird. Quite an eclectic collection.
I presume you will now undertake a chase around most of the globe with a trail of dead people in your wake - those who help, Vatican agents, remnants of the Ahnenerbe, SVR, CIA, Chinese MSS etc etc.
Good luck, have fun and remember your best helper is the one seeking your doom.
Look forward to the film :D

The notoriety is already bringing the squatters death threats. :/

An “eclectic collecter” is our best guess, yes, but there’re still some really valuable things in there. What looks like a sperm whale jaw (and all its attendant ivory), just to begin with.
Macunaima nli

Postby JJCH nli » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:58 am

So if, on my next visit, I see someone has set up a night stall on Av Atlântica selling genuine scrimshaw, I should be able to confidently guess its provenance?
JJCH nli

Postby Macunaima nli » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:52 am

I say you could make an educated guess. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.
Macunaima nli

Postby JJCH nli » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:23 pm

The look of glee on Witzel’s face this morning as he choppered on to the bridge was really quite repulsive. Of course it occurred to me that it must have in part stemmed from sheer relief that he didn’t have another Bus 174 on his hands. Of course at 80 metres it really was an unmissable shot. Given how close all the onlookers were allowed to get to the scene, it would have been quite exciting if it had.

Funnily enough we used to catch that very bus when my mother in-law lived in Alcântara. Sad.
JJCH nli

Postby Macunaima » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:19 pm

JJCH nli wrote:The look of glee on Witzel’s face this morning as he choppered on to the bridge was really quite repulsive. Of course it occurred to me that it must have in part stemmed from sheer relief that he didn’t have another Bus 174 on his hands. Of course at 80 metres it really was an unmissable shot. Given how close all the onlookers were allowed to get to the scene, it would have been quite exciting if it had.

Funnily enough we used to catch that very bus when my mother in-law lived in Alcântara. Sad.

I used to catch every day when I worked at UERJ São Gonçalo. Pretzel had better get a despacho out to Ogum right quickly. “Unmissable shot”? Remember that the shot that missed the hijacker of Bus 174 was fired at point blank range and it still missed its target and killed a teacher.

Pretzel got very lucky.
Macunaima

Postby JJCH nli » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:59 am

Shouldn’t you be out burning down Amazonas on behalf of Greenpeace? :D

The Berlin show went well, the wife had a ball with kindred spirits. Someone called the cops to report the presence of terrorists. The cops showed up replete with bomb sniffing dogs and assault rifles but left disappointed. Curious coincidence that there had been an anti-Bozo rally outside the Embassy two days before. :roll:

Personally speaking, I was most impressed with the fact that the conference was held in the offices of the Neue Deutschland newspaper. Classic ‘70’s East German building.
JJCH nli

Postby Rossco » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:46 pm

President Bozo made the ABC news here in Oz. He is blaming European sponsored NGOs for burning down the Amazon due to cuts in their funding. :evil:
I Froth because I care about miniatures.
Rossco

Postby Macunaima nli » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:04 pm

The Big Lie is currently in vogue.
Macunaima nli

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot