The Thread you can all ignore Brazil, Brazil, Brazil.

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Thread you can all ignore Brazil, Brazil, Brazil.

Postby JJCH nli » Thu May 30, 2019 10:02 am

Macunaima nli wrote:Of course, I think it was Sergio Buarque de Holanda who said “Long before DeGaulle uttered his famous words, every serious Brazilian knew Brazil wasn’t a serious country”.

Another joke goes that the U.S. should have let Brazil go communist in 1964: the Berlin wall would have fallen twenty years earlier. Let’s hope the same holds true for this neo-quasi-fascism that seems to be sweeping the world.

Hmm is that a case of joga pedra a Geni?

Sadly, Brazil was never going to go communist in 1964 but the American shareholders of iron mines in MG didn’t need to know that.

At the risk of thread cross pollination. The Australian Federal Govt has just appointed Jason Wood, fat copper, dyed in the wool racist and general fuck-stick, leader of the charge against African-Australians as.... wait for it...... Minister for Multicultural Affairs. Australians do irony.
JJCH nli

Postby Macunaima nli » Thu May 30, 2019 3:10 pm

Jesus wept.
Macunaima nli

Postby Macunaima nli » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:09 am

Oh, dear. Seems that Serginho Moro counted on the Russians to provide security for his secret discussions regarding how to frame Lula... :lol:
Macunaima nli

Postby JJCH nli » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:49 am

Yep and who would have guessed that Serginho was guilty of gross ethical misconduct? He would be disbarred anywhere else.

It’s funny how the right wingers always seem to leave a paper trail and an audio trail.

We are off to Berlin in a few weeks to support Jean Wyllys and rally the international opposition.
JJCH nli

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:10 pm

JJCH nli wrote:Yep and who would have guessed that Serginho was guilty of gross ethical misconduct? He would be disbarred anywhere else.

It’s funny how the right wingers always seem to leave a paper trail and an audio trail.

We are off to Berlin in a few weeks to support Jean Wyllys and rally the international opposition.

Are you saying that left wingers are too ethical, or too smart to leave a paper trail?

Postby JJCH nli » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:47 pm

No but in the current instance, there is essentially no physical evidence linking Lula with alleged corruption. No evidence linking the apartment to him, no evidence linking the apartment to Petrobras. The only physical evidence of any sort would appear to be a newspaper report suggesting a delay to constructing the building complex the apartment was in. Even that is a monumental fuck up as it suggests the apartment was in a building other than the one the prosecutor alleges housed the illegal gift. Hilarious if it wasn’t so sad.

On the other hand we have a fucking trove of evidence showing that the presiding judge, aided and abetted the prosecution and overrode the evidential failings, indeed total lack of evidence, in his bid to convict.

If your memory extends further than five minutes, you would also recall that Temer’s coup to remove Dilma came complete with audio recordings documenting the conspiracy. Then we have Temer’s money trail, Cunha’s money trail, the dozen or more PMDB deputies linked to money from JBS, OAS, etc, etc, etc.
JJCH nli

Postby Macunaima nli » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:09 pm

Guest wrote:
JJCH nli wrote:Yep and who would have guessed that Serginho was guilty of gross ethical misconduct? He would be disbarred anywhere else.

Are you saying that left wingers are too ethical, or too smart to leave a paper trail?

I am saying that if you distrust democracy, as the right does, and want to throw an election, as the right often does, do not trust the Russians with your data if Russia has nothing to lose and everything to gain by your country falling into a decade of political chaos.
Macunaima nli

Postby JJCH nli » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:47 pm

Brazil for the win (so much winning of late)! Not long before esteemed President Bozo had to make a tactical retreat and rescind his presidential decree providing more idiots with more access to guns, Brazil has raised the bar on what to do with slightly creepy evangelical clerics.

The sons of evangelical god botherer Anderson do Carmo have been charged with offing their old man by shooting him 30 or so times, with many of the rounds aimed at his crotch. Flordelis, trash wife, politician and one of the few Brazilian woman to have immersed herself in orange tan is also in the frame. Allegedly the good pastor was guilty of straying from the marriage bed. :lol:

Take that Creflo A. Dollar! Top that Jim and Tammi Bakker! Brazil rules!
JJCH nli

Postby Macunaima nli » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:00 am

Well, my life just got hella interesting awful fast. Aside from the double murder I witnessed last week out in Macaé, there’s now this:

https://g1.globo.com/rj/rio-de-janeiro/ ... w004ntZOlQ

A third rate professor at a fourth rate university I may well be, but at least I got to play Indiana Jones! :lol:
Macunaima nli

Postby JJCH nli » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:07 am

Macunaima nli wrote:Well, my life just got hella interesting awful fast. Aside from the double murder I witnessed last week out in Macaé, there’s now this:

https://g1.globo.com/rj/rio-de-janeiro/ ... w004ntZOlQ

A third rate professor at a fourth rate university I may well be, but at least I got to play Indiana Jones! :lol:

Uaua!

Must come as some consolation for missing out on the gig as head of FUNAI. You have to admit, they couldn’t have made a more inspired choice if they had tried.

Whereabouts in Copacabana btw?
JJCH nli

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot