The Thread you can all ignore Brazil, Brazil, Brazil.

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

The Thread you can all ignore Brazil, Brazil, Brazil.

Postby The Jim Jones Cocktail Hour » Sun May 15, 2016 1:05 am

Place holder

The Jim Jones Cocktail Hour

Re: The Thread you can all ignore Brazil, Brazil, Brazil.

Postby the Honorable Chickee Tomtit » Sun May 15, 2016 3:47 am

Mac needs to get Stateside again for the lysergic comedy gold of the Trump presidency.
the Honorable Chickee Tomtit

Postby Macunaima » Sun May 15, 2016 10:08 am

Well, the way things are going, they may just ship me State side via deportation. This new government is incredibly scary and we are going to have to live through a year and a half of it, at least. During that time,mthe constitution looks like it will be ripped to shreds. There are so many different ways they could fuck me, it's not even slightly funny.

Just for starters, I am trying to reactivate my naturalization process. Why? Because Brazil's Foreigner's Code is from thentime of the dictatorship and probibits foreigners from political activities. The Constituion supposedly supercedes that, but nothing prevents them from running me in and taking up my time and money making me defend myself. And, of course, with the wrong judge, I could nd up fucked anyhow.

This is happening to an Italian professor right now.
Macunaima

Postby Macunaima » Sun May 15, 2016 10:19 am

kawasaki wrote:Is there any chance of you twats starting a new thread titled 'Brasil sux'? I don't think I'm alone in being fucking pissed off with hearing how shit Brasil is. All. The. Fucking. Time.

Advice to Mac. Leave. I would.

OK. So I have been living here for thirty years. Almost all of my friends and profesional contacts are here. Plus, I am in an incredibly competitive field where there are very few jobs, anywhere. I have a house full of goods that just can't up and move. I have a wife, who doesn't speak English. A mother-in-law and niece who are dependent on us (the mother in law hasn't received her retirement pay in two months due to the crisis).

Any suggestions how I get all those people over to whatever wondefull cointry likes poor Brazilian immigrants and welcomes them with open arms?

I mean, I could abandon them, I guess, and go deliver pizzas in the U.S. or something...
Macunaima

Postby Hastati » Sun May 15, 2016 11:33 am

This is not meant to come across as snarky in any way, I'm genuinely curious. If you have been there 30 years why didn't you get Brazilian citizenship sooner? Do the Brazilians not recognize dual nationality?
When I die I want the Arsenal players to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.
Hastati

Postby Macunaima » Sun May 15, 2016 12:30 pm

I attempted to get it in 2004. The long story is, I encountered police corruption and the process dragged out until 2008. I received citizenship in 2008, but couldn't take it up because of bureaucratic and personal problems. Now I need to find out if I can reactivate that process or start all over again.
Macunaima

Postby The Jim Jones Cocktail Hour » Sun May 15, 2016 12:40 pm

It is easy to obtain you daft sod. Married or in a stable domestic partnership with a Brazilian citizen or have Brazilian dependants? The processo for citizenship now only takes 12 months in those circumstances, pretty much the same time frame as residency. Fear not, you aren't going to have to do the national service obligation.
The Jim Jones Cocktail Hour

Postby Hastati » Sun May 15, 2016 12:44 pm

Hope you get it sorted soon Mac.
When I die I want the Arsenal players to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.
Hastati

Postby Ramshackle_Curtis » Sun May 15, 2016 12:50 pm

Oi tudo bon gente? Donde el cachaxa caralio?!
"Opinions are like arse holes, we all have one but no one wants to hear it"

http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/newrel.html
Ramshackle_Curtis

Postby Macunaima » Sun May 15, 2016 2:40 pm

The Jim Jones Cocktail Hour wrote:It is easy to obtain you daft sod. Married or in a stable domestic partnership with a Brazilian citizen or have Brazilian dependants? The processo for citizenship now only takes 12 months in those circumstances, pretty much the same time frame as residency. Fear not, you aren't going to have to do the national service obligation.

You might want to read the article I wrote about how fucked up the process is. It's here and it's painless, JJ:

http://omangueblog.blogspot.com.br/2010 ... leiro.html

The long and the short of it is that it is easy to obtain, provided the cops you are dealing with aren't corrupt. Here in Rio, that's not a good assumption to make.
Macunaima

Next

Return to The Froth Pot