The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Picador » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:45 pm

Il Segaiolo Pedantesco wrote: What color was he applying onto the black? Yellow will take a few coats, red not so much, and blue the fewest of all.

No shit? :roll:

Any other gems from your painting masterclass you want to share with the class?
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador

Postby Bronshtein » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:47 pm

Mustafa Kamel wrote:
Bronshtein wrote:If they do things like grow a wood/hedge/marsh out of nowhere in the middle of a charge - get a fucking grip. I know terrain can be a surprise in real life, but I'm not going to declare a charge against troops I can't see because I suddenly notice a wood in the way.

I'm guessing given your reference earlier that you're talking about Mustafa's Maurice there. In which case, it never provides a forest, but is always limited to a small marsh or rocky ground - exactly the sort of terrain that you might not be aware of until you hit it and which would not affect visibility of units in front of you.

It wasn't Maurice - never bought it - but Longstreet.
And you are right; I was conflating the 'Poor Surveying' and 'Trackless' cards.
Having said that it hasn't reduced my undying pissed offness with cards fucking up games.
Bronshtein

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:52 pm

Il Segaiolo Pedantesco wrote:
a) Did the sad lad check the bottle to make sure the pigment hadn't separated?

a) Did he apply the paint directly from the bottle, instead of transferring some of it onto a wet palette?

a) What color was he applying onto the black? Yellow will take a few coats, red not so much, and blue the fewest of all.

I don't recall, fairly sure he was using them old-school but in my case :

a - no, as I'm backward. Oh, I mean yes, fucking obviously.

b- yes, directly from the bottle, as I would not then bitch about them if I had watered them down first, as I am not backward.

c - all of them, every single one of them. Over every other colour, not just black. White undercoat shows through all of them. Brown basecoat shows through all of them. I kept the green for doing bases, then realised it was taking 3 or 4 coats over white, and instead used a liter of domestic acrylic paint mixed up at Homebase instead, and got a significantly superior result.

They are shit.

It doesn't surprise me YOU were pleasantly surprised by them, as you are a contrary wee bastard. I still have many of my original GW paints from the late 80's through to the 90's on the go, and I compared them together. Coat D'armes are not a 'Near Equivalent'. They are a laughably sub-par pot of shit with similar names.

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:58 pm

Picador wrote:
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco wrote: What color was he applying onto the black? Yellow will take a few coats, red not so much, and blue the fewest of all.

Your point being?
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Picador » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:58 pm

Bronshtein wrote:
Mustafa Kamel wrote:
Bronshtein wrote:If they do things like grow a wood/hedge/marsh out of nowhere in the middle of a charge - get a fucking grip. I know terrain can be a surprise in real life, but I'm not going to declare a charge against troops I can't see because I suddenly notice a wood in the way.

I'm guessing given your reference earlier that you're talking about Mustafa's Maurice there. In which case, it never provides a forest, but is always limited to a small marsh or rocky ground - exactly the sort of terrain that you might not be aware of until you hit it and which would not affect visibility of units in front of you.

It wasn't Maurice - never bought it - but Longstreet.
And you are right; I was conflating the 'Poor Surveying' and 'Trackless' cards.
Having said that it hasn't reduced my undying pissed offness with cards fucking up games.

If it's any consolation, I agree with you about cards fucking up games. It tends to make them even more gamey than simulationy. If I want to play cards make it seven card stud with a high ante.

Sam Mustapha produced some cracking rules - Might & Reason is still one of my all time favourites, before he decided cards were the way to go. A pity.

I like to believe that his motives weren't monetising his product by selling extra card packs, but...
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

Picador

Postby Picador » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:00 pm

Picador wrote:

Your point being?

My point being that every cunt who ever laid a loaded brush on to a miniature knows that blue is more opaque than red, which is more opaque than yellow, you condescending tossbag.

And what Max said.

Picador

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:16 pm

Guest wrote:
a) Did the sad lad check the bottle to make sure the pigment hadn't separated?

a) Did he apply the paint directly from the bottle, instead of transferring some of it onto a wet palette?

a) What color was he applying onto the black? Yellow will take a few coats, red not so much, and blue the fewest of all.

I don't recall, fairly sure he was using them old-school but in my case :

a - no, as I'm backward. Oh, I mean yes, fucking obviously.

b- yes, directly from the bottle, as I would not then bitch about them if I had watered them down first, as I am not backward.

c - all of them, every single one of them. Over every other colour, not just black. White undercoat shows through all of them. Brown basecoat shows through all of them. I kept the green for doing bases, then realised it was taking 3 or 4 coats over white, and instead used a liter of domestic acrylic paint mixed up at Homebase instead, and got a significantly superior result.

They are shit.

It doesn't surprise me YOU were pleasantly surprised by them, as you are a contrary wee bastard. I still have many of my original GW paints from the late 80's through to the 90's on the go, and I compared them together. Coat D'armes are not a 'Near Equivalent'. They are a laughably sub-par pot of shit with similar names.

It could be that you're being a hyperbolic as usual or you ended up with a bad batch, but I've never had the problems you've experienced and not being a contrarian for the sake of it, unlike you. :lol: Coat d'Arms (old Citadel Colour) Paints Thread I've had issues with early 90s Citadel paints, such as Ultramarine Blue leaving a thick glossy coat, so was happy when Citadel altered the consistency in the mid 90s, but TBF, back then I applied colors directly from the pot. :shock:
Last edited by Il Segaiolo Pedantesco on Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:21 pm

*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:36 pm

kyotebue2 wrote:What the fuck, gaming talk????

It’s not all about you and your precious “Fuck Trump and the GOP” on this thread. Go to the Fuck Trump thread for that.
This one is about making fun of TMP and the OFM.
This often leads to gaming, my Precious.

Postby kyotebue2 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:25 pm

Sarcasm...
kyotebue2

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot