The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Derek H » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:15 pm

Macunaima wrote:
Derek H wrote:
Condottiero wrote:
Khusrau wrote:Bravo. Punching down is never acceptable.

What do you think you've been doing all this time on this forum Doug?

I agree. Just about everyone on Frothers is guilty of punching down at you Condi.

In my case, it’s only because I know Condi can take it.

He'll have had plenty of practice.
Pimping my blog at http://dereksweetoys.com/
Derek H

Postby Macunaima » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:17 pm

Condottiero wrote:
Macunaima wrote:
Katie wrote:True story: I was nearly called Karen. Mum changed her mind at the last minute. Don't think Dad got a say..

I’m just happy I wasn’t named “Chad”. “Thad” is close enough. If Condi really wanted to irritate me, he’d start calling me “Chad”, but that’s probably too sophisticated for him. :D

Chad's either a surfer or a male model with not much grey matter...

I'd call you a Ken, but you don't strike me as a player. Karen is gender neutral and fits your personality...

TBF, you've inspired me to consider going into anthropology!

Don’t. It’s a dying field, now that we’ve mostly renounced helping the State to control the Natives.
Macunaima

Postby Macunaima » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:19 pm

Picador wrote:
Macunaima wrote:Also, let me second the sentiment: it’s great to see you pop up here, Katie!

Well she has been a member here for considerably longer than yow

No shit?
Macunaima

Postby Macunaima » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:30 pm

Bronshtein wrote:
Condottiero wrote:
Bronshtein wrote:My first girlfriend (if you don't count Clare Weinberg when I was 6) was called Karen. She was gorgeous, ditched me for a Scottish banker (not a euphemism - he worked in the Midland).
Still think she was gorgeous - don't get the septic use of the name as a pejorative term - just shows what shallow little fucks people are sometimes I guess.

Why don't you educate yourself on it sunshine or do you want to be like the coterists here? :wry:

I'm aware of its current misuse as an 'amusing' socially negative epithet.
It strikes me as something of the Sharon and Tracy abuse of people who have no way of countering without appearing to play into the hands of smug little spoilt boys and girls who see themselves as socially superior arbiters of what is acceptable.
I'm sure that entitled bitches of any gender deserve all the abuse they get, but use of terms like 'Karen' is sexist racist and probably ageist.
I see no reason to buy into a theatre of cruelty zeitgeist I despise.
Have a nice day.

It would be the incredibly tone-dead radfem Julie Bindel claiming this. Bindel is notoriously “color blind” and I don’t mean that in a good way, so it’s no wonder to me that she’s writing in The Guardian that Karen is a sexist insult, only to get slapped down by a black American Karen.

Look, not to say “Oh, I’m married to a black woman so I’m not racist”, but being a white guy in an all black female family gives me a ring side seat for observing Karen on a pretty much weekly basis.

Karen is the adjunct professor who orders my wife to run and get coffee when Ana’s the keynote speaker.

Karen is the shopper who demands that my niece (another shopper) tell her where the widgets are and then berates her for incompetence when Mayara says she hasn’t a clue.

Karen is the random woman on the street who accused my mother-in-law of being a kidnapper when she was taking care of her much lighter granddaughter.

Karen is the waitron that sent the security guards after my family when they left the restaurant early after being specifically told that I was staying and paying the bill.

Karen is the other waitron who, as soon as I left the table, tried to hustle Ana and Dr. Denise Ferreira da Silva out of the winery where they were discussing their new project.

And Karen is also the white lesbian Brit who insistently provlaims that the “Swedish model” of criminalizing prostitutes’ clients must be applied in places like Brazil where the cops run prostitution and kill thousands of black men, extrajudicially, every year (hi, Julie!)

Sorry, Bronnie. Although there are many people like Condi who do think Karen is some sort of generic insult, or may even use it as a misogynist swipe, Karens are indeed a thing.
Macunaima

Postby Derek H » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:53 pm

Picador wrote:
Derek H wrote:
kyotebue2 wrote:TNP member By John 54 shall soon join the legion of Locked Accounts. See the TFL thread on TMP talk.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... 990&page=2
http://www.freezepage.com/1593980386TQEFBKRVAZ

...and Bill posts a rebuttal.

He's fucking delusional :roll:

Then deletes a post agreeing with By John 54

Pimping my blog at http://dereksweetoys.com/
Derek H

Postby General Paranoia » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:01 pm

It's going great for him!
It's promising to be a fun week on TNP :rofl:
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:41 pm

Macunaima wrote:
Derek H wrote:
Condottiero wrote:
Khusrau wrote:Bravo. Punching down is never acceptable.

What do you think you've been doing all this time on this forum Doug?

I agree. Just about everyone on Frothers is guilty of punching down at you Condi.

In my case, it’s only because I know Condi can take it.

I wasn't thinking about myself when I posted the above...
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Hew Johns » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:46 pm

…you've played the race card…

I think that those mocking Editor Gwen for her supposed lack of English skills are exhibiting some racism.

A comment on Armintrout's claim. I've actually had to take training on these issues at work. Never thought I would have an opportunity to use it. :D

In the US it is perfectly legal to reject a Filipino who lacks English skills if the job requires it, like, say, editing a web forum. Likewise you can reject a mono-lingual All-American if the job requires interacting with Spanish speaking clientele.
C.P.C.B.
Hew Johns

Postby Sssane Max » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:51 pm

Hew Johns wrote:

I think that those mocking Editor Gwen for her supposed lack of English skills are exhibiting some racism.

A comment on Armintrout's claim. I've actually had to take training on these issues at work. Never thought I would have an opportunity to use it. :D

In the US it is perfectly legal to reject a Filipino who lacks English skills if the job requires it, like, say, editing a web forum. Likewise you can reject a mono-lingual All-American if the job requires interacting with Spanish speaking clientele.

no shit? you mean I didnt have to recruit that Lion tamer who's scared of Lioans and Circuses even though she was a woman? wow. no-one told me.

Bill can't actually admnit the real reason he hired an editor for an english language webiste with atrocious english, any better than the ex boss of mine can admit why he hired the 17 year old filing clerk who needed to have an 'ABC' written on a card they carried at all times when filing.
Sssane Max

Postby frotherPest » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:58 pm

Hew Johns wrote:

The whole point of bringing up the English skills of the asst editors is not to mock their English, but to bring attention to when Bill obviously posts as them. Nobody goes from writing perfectly fine English for someone learning it to clearly a native speaker and then back again on multiple occasions.

The inconsistency is mockable, not the quality.
Nobody ever reads the fine print.
frotherPest

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot