The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby General Paranoia » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:38 pm

GarrisonMiniatures wrote:Now Tango, naughty naughty - I post about Greenwich Royal Collection https://easterngarrison.blogspot.com/ , you visit my site and post link to one page http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=515497 then post http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=515604 - to the site you got off my blog! Don't pretend you found it yourself!


Shit Weasel's gonna Shit Weasel!
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
User avatar
General Paranoia
 
Posts: 9797
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:13 am
Location: Helping Bill make the right choices

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Macunaima nli » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:48 pm

Katie wrote:"I believe "frig" used to be a thing."

Inside fruit machines, at the back where there's a locked door, there used to be a set of controls for things like changing the payout rate, easy-play mode or (for pubs) turning the goddamed-repetitive music off. These are officially called "frig switches" and the easy-play (for testing) is hence "frig mode".


Portuguese has the best one yet: to make like a crab. You’ll understand if you’ve ever watched the front of a live crab.
User avatar
Macunaima nli
 

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby GarrisonMiniatures » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:14 pm

And... Bob Murch tries again... http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=515613

Be interesting to see what happens this time - last one got scrubbed.
GarrisonMiniatures
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 10:46 am

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby General Paranoia » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:19 pm

GarrisonMiniatures wrote:And... Bob Murch tries again... http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=515613

Be interesting to see what happens this time - last one got scrubbed.


I think Bill is bored with the extra work, although by just deleting random posts he can really piss people off.
Lets sit back and enjoy this!
Hi Bill! 0;)
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
User avatar
General Paranoia
 
Posts: 9797
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:13 am
Location: Helping Bill make the right choices

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby kyotebue2 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:41 pm

Bill is a lazy bastard.
kyotebue2
 
Posts: 6051
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:31 pm
Location: The Oklahoma Dust Bowl.

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:01 pm

GarrisonMiniatures wrote:And... Bob Murch tries again... http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=515613

Be interesting to see what happens this time - last one got scrubbed.

Check the details. BILL crossposted it to Crowdfunding.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Khusrau » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Derek H wrote:Bill's pissed off Nick from North Star.

Image

Doesn't matter really, he's British.

He mustn’t be part of the 100% of advertisers who back the “new policy”.

Who will Bill piss off next? Battlefront? Raging Heroes?


I don't think folk in the US appreciate quite who Bill is pissing off.. TooFatLardies, Northstar, etc. These are very significant players, not some bloke doing dodgy knock-offs in a cupboard in a railway arch workshop in Walsall.
Khusrau
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:43 pm

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Michael NLI » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:40 pm

I used to work in Walsall. I know that arch well.
User avatar
Michael NLI
 

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Khusrau » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:45 pm

gustav wrote:gosh - my old brain thinks it remembers that it's because he uses some shitty old arcane btrieve based database that needs daily re-indexing to keep it running "smoothly" which can only be done offline.
the bug I imagine is when the indexing somehow fucks up.


Jesus, btrieve? We used to have to run macros to reindex the content for that regularly because if it was badly written, and you left it alone for long enough, it would drop branches from the tree and you would just lose content. That was in 1994, 25 years ago.
Khusrau
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:43 pm

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Macunaima nli » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:49 pm

Khusrau wrote:
gustav wrote:gosh - my old brain thinks it remembers that it's because he uses some shitty old arcane btrieve based database that needs daily re-indexing to keep it running "smoothly" which can only be done offline.
the bug I imagine is when the indexing somehow fucks up.


Jesus, btrieve? We used to have to run macros to reindex the content for that regularly because if it was badly written, and you left it alone for long enough, it would drop branches from the tree and you would just lose content. That was in 1994, 25 years ago.


Well, you know Sweet William: if it’s broke, don’t fix it; call it a feature and carry on.
User avatar
Macunaima nli
 

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Derek H and 38 guests