The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Blank Frank » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:09 am

I see telling Bill how to do his job is now a bannable offence for General Disaster

Editor in Chief Bill
"There are more important things to worry about such as fixing the bugs that are effecting TMP right now"
Please don't tell me how to do my job.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=443663
Blank Frank

Postby JJCH nli » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:50 am

It’s a tragedy :D that Bill is such a cunt and moron in charge if TMP.
Maybe “tragedy” is over blowing the case, but it is what it is.

Not if sung in a quavering falsetto, with a disco beat. Then it is perfect.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WJcozEOWgxI

Funnily enough I always imagine Bill speaking with the voice of Peewee Herman. They share similar hobbies anyway.
JJCH nli

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:05 pm

"Last Exit to Brooklyn was clearly very influential for Bill. In fact he may well have taken it as a self-help guide or instruction manual rather than a novel."

that's a good find, thanks !

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:10 pm

Bronstein, assuming that because the reviewer is French, the review is bad ? When a book is full of errors ?… 
« Sam probably did get things wrong but this is the usual pissing on tree stumps amongts academics to mark their territory, »,
No it ’s definitely not the usual pissing. Read the review, it’s a biased book.
« because Sam dares to write in English »

Oh « poor Sam » who writes in English ! Well, that’s typical of Brexiteers. IIRC you are not part of this group, so the problem is really big ; you Brits deserve your pain.

Now just have a look at the main problem: 95% of military historians, a large group of academics too (alas) writing in English don’t read foreign archives nor secondary sources in foreign language, but writes on on foreign countries.
Another example, in military history : A. Horne to lose a battle seen as a classic on 1940. But it’s not a very good book (I don’t know why the French translated it though !).
Google is your friend : in 1974 an Academic called J Cairns had already said that Horne’s book was badly researched , neglecting available sources, a « flawed and biased » work. Same comments about Shirer’s book and some others.
1974 !
It’s even worse today, as you have now the great military historians on Youtube, Lindybeige, Tyk,… Wargamers deserve this full of stereotypes kind of history.

About the Billious being lazy, perhaps, but not when this pervert writes as Tango, in good and in broken English …It's how he tries to fix problems on TNP.

Postby General Paranoia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:30 pm

Blank Frank wrote:I see telling Bill how to do his job is now a bannable offence for General Disaster

Editor in Chief Bill
"There are more important things to worry about such as fixing the bugs that are effecting TMP right now"

General Disaster served me well.
Hi Bill 0;)
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

Postby Terrement » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:41 pm

Terrements also had his account locked on that thread, but as Bill hasn't quoted it we don't know what for.
Terrement

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:18 pm

Blank Frank wrote:I see telling Bill how to do his job is now a bannable offence for General Disaster

Editor in Chief Bill

11 Locked Accounts in that thread, at least 8 ZZZ on a 2 year old thread.
Good work, Bill.
I don’t know which is more telling. Bill’s intolerance for dissent, or members who can’t be bothered to stuck around.

Postby Picador » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:24 pm

Can someone inform Tango that his German is more shite than his English.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=514217
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador

Postby Bronshtein » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:09 pm

Dear Guest: I can't quote you (for which many - well three or four - are truly grateful) because it seems to trigger the spam filter - one of us really needs a Russian IP address to get through.

So:
Bollocks - I made no mention of the reviewers nationality being a problem - sounds like you may have some subconscious issues about it though.

Read the review some time ago and before I posted the helpful response to Winnie's wondering where Sam got trashed. I think the hint I was in some agreement with the review was 'Sam probably did get things wrong'. But the nature of Todorov's language is sarcastic and nitpicking as well as legitimately concerned. Even the use of an apparent compliment 'To the [sic] end, Sam A. Mustafa has divided his book into thirteen chapters that cleverly alternate between chronological and thematic sequences.' appears aimed at sarcastically deflating the whole format.
This is clearly a review that says 'This is my bailiwick, keep out.'

The book may be biased - the import of that depends on whether the bias comes from the evidence or the evidence is selectively used to support the bias. Not having the requisite depth of understanding or interest in Westphalian constitutional history I cannot make a judgement but I accept that Todorov appears to have found errors. What their overall impact is, is impossible for me to say. I have not read and probably will not bother to read Sam's book, as it's subject matter sits a long way down my list of things to get around to.

This seems to be yet another round of

I hate Bonaparte
versus
I love Napoleon

Personally I think he's another dead Italian gansgter - shame there aren't more of them.

As for Horne - beware Journalists posing as historians - print the legend and all that guff.
Bronshtein

Postby Macunaima nli » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:31 pm

Guest wrote:
Macunaima nli wrote:
Galbraith wrote:I visited tmp for the first time in many months. What happened to it? There's fuck-all discussion there. Just streams of Tango that spark almost no comment.
Are there any members left?

Even when it was the prize arse Bill locking out British members there was a lot of posting. Does anyone remember when it had daily discussions about the finer points of gaming, historical information, uniform data etc.? All a bit tragic.

My best guess is that Bill has absolutely no ability to self-reflect. His gambit with the
Monty Schwab thing unhinged him as it brought his two lives into public view. He repeatedly tried to close the barn door after the horses have run off. He then became hyper paranoid about any slight, perceived or otherwise. The only people more or less able to stand him are the kinds of folks who would, frankly, have a hard time socializing on any other web board. Given the kind of guys who make up wargaming, this means they are heavily skewed to old, white, American, right wing, paranoid nutsos. And these are the only guys who are willing to put up with Bill’s bullshit anymore.

There are still those who hang around out of nostalgia’s sake. Sure, Uncle Bill soils himself, but remember when it was fun to hang around?

Some are resigned to the fact that if they “get out of line”, they’ll be shitcanned. But as long as they just ask for information on von Jastrow’s Freikorps in 1758 Silesia, they should be safe.
Then, when Kiley says that blah blah blah, and they get the axe for disagreeing, they’re actually surprised. Shouldn’t be, but they are.

Many just shake their heads and plow on.

Some expect to get kicked off. They’re surprised they lasted as long as they did. When they get locked out, it’s a relief. That would be me. :D

Then there are the cunts on Frothers who are morally superior and have nothing but contempt for those who remain. Go fuck yourselves. Judge not, etc.
If I have any regrets, it’s that I’ve lost touch with some friends who remain. Some I have alternate ways to communicate with them. Some, not.

It’s a tragedy :D that Bill is such a cunt and moron in charge if TMP.
Maybe “tragedy” is over blowing the case, but it is what it is.

No, John, I think tragedy is spot on, in the Greek sense. A sordid little ridiculous tragedy, but a tragedy nonetheless.
Macunaima nli

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot