The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:13 pm

General Paranoia wrote:He seems to have a bit of a downer on FB anyway.

Editor in Chief Bill wrote:Some people think Facebook is the future of wargaming. I think not!

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... 161&page=3

Editor in Chief Bill wrote:

You were asked – TMP link

We've been experimenting with the Facebook Like/Share buttons for a while now. Should we keep them, or get rid of them? Are you using them?

28% said "get rid of them"
27% said "keep them"

In the comments, some were confused about this type of button versus other types of Like buttons (i.e., to 'Like' an individual post).

There's also the issue that Facebook might be able to trace people through having these buttons on our pages, plus the fact that people with Facebook blockers won't see the buttons anyway.

Therefore, the buttons have been removed from our pages.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=513896

Facebook is nothing but a cover to extract all of our personal information and sell it to the Red Chinese.
Don’t you realize what they could do with the knowledge that I’m interested in getting Warlord Games Seminoles at Fall In?

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:16 pm

General Paranoia wrote:His uniform book is full of errors and he's even added new errors to the copies of the Mollo prints!

Is that why the 7th Massachusetts is wearing yoga pants and Birkenstock’s?

Postby Bill's Fan Bois NLI » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:51 am

Guest wrote:
General Paranoia wrote:His uniform book is full of errors and he's even added new errors to the copies of the Mollo prints!

Is that why the 7th Massachusetts is wearing yoga pants and Birkenstock’s?

Bill-doh's "in" with Kev led to the decision of the depiction of yoga pants!
Bill's Fan Bois NLI

Postby Galbraith » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:54 am

I visited tmp for the first time in many months. What happened to it? There's fuck-all discussion there. Just streams of Tango that spark almost no comment.
Are there any members left?

Even when it was the prize arse Bill locking out British members there was a lot of posting. Does anyone remember when it had daily discussions about the finer points of gaming, historical information, uniform data etc.? All a bit tragic.
Galbraith

Postby kyotebue2 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:59 am

It's what Bill wants a right-wing shithole.
kyotebue2

Postby Voice From Limbo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:08 am

There's still some wheat in there, if you sift through all the chaff.

It's just getting harder to find.

One of the (many) tipping points may well have been when Bill called on the members to share an editor's joy at achieving her lifetime goal of breast implants. I think that one resulted in a number of locked accounts, along with a number of people just quietly leaving.

But as I said, there have been others. It's an ongoing circus.
Last edited by Voice From Limbo on Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voice From Limbo

Postby Macunaima nli » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:15 am

Galbraith wrote:I visited tmp for the first time in many months. What happened to it? There's fuck-all discussion there. Just streams of Tango that spark almost no comment.

Even when it was the prize arse Bill locking out British members there was a lot of posting. Does anyone remember when it had daily discussions about the finer points of gaming, historical information, uniform data etc.? All a bit tragic.

My best guess is that Bill has absolutely no ability to self-reflect. His gambit with the
Monty Schwab thing unhinged him as it brought his two lives into public view. He repeatedly tried to close the barn door after the horses have run off. He then became hyper paranoid about any slight, perceived or otherwise. The only people more or less able to stand him are the kinds of folks who would, frankly, have a hard time socializing on any other web board. Given the kind of guys who make up wargaming, this means they are heavily skewed to old, white, American, right wing, paranoid nutsos. And these are the only guys who are willing to put up with Bill’s bullshit anymore.
Macunaima nli

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:51 am

Macunaima nli wrote:
Galbraith wrote:I visited tmp for the first time in many months. What happened to it? There's fuck-all discussion there. Just streams of Tango that spark almost no comment.

My best guess is that Bill has absolutely no ability to self-reflect. His gambit with the
Monty Schwab thing unhinged him as it brought his two lives into public view. He repeatedly tried to close the barn door after the horses have run off. He then became hyper paranoid about any slight, perceived or otherwise. The only people more or less able to stand him are the kinds of folks who would, frankly, have a hard time socializing on any other web board. Given the kind of guys who make up wargaming, this means they are heavily skewed to old, white, American, right wing, paranoid nutsos. And these are the only guys who are willing to put up with Bill’s bullshit anymore.

There are still those who hang around out of nostalgia’s sake. Sure, Uncle Bill soils himself, but remember when it was fun to hang around?

Some are resigned to the fact that if they “get out of line”, they’ll be shitcanned. But as long as they just ask for information on von Jastrow’s Freikorps in 1758 Silesia, they should be safe.
Then, when Kiley says that blah blah blah, and they get the axe for disagreeing, they’re actually surprised. Shouldn’t be, but they are.

Many just shake their heads and plow on.

Some expect to get kicked off. They’re surprised they lasted as long as they did. When they get locked out, it’s a relief. That would be me. :D

Then there are the cunts on Frothers who are morally superior and have nothing but contempt for those who remain. Go fuck yourselves. Judge not, etc.
If I have any regrets, it’s that I’ve lost touch with some friends who remain. Some I have alternate ways to communicate with them. Some, not.

It’s a tragedy :D that Bill is such a cunt and moron in charge if TMP.
Maybe “tragedy” is over blowing the case, but it is what it is.

Postby Etranger2 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:15 am

51 out of 84 of 'today's (Tuesday 27th) posts are tangospam, all reposts, 2 more are from Billdo ...
Etranger2

Postby General Paranoia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:05 am

In Bill's head the failure of TMP is all Frothers fault and now Facebook.
He's not really got his head around Twitter yet but in time it will also be Twitters fault.
He's never heard of Instagram, but one day they will get the blame too!
Last edited by General Paranoia on Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot