The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:58 pm

kyotebue2 wrote:We need to stop pointing it out to Bill, Hi Bill!!!

You are assuming that Bill doesn’t know what Tango01 is doing. You are assuming that Tango01 isn’t Bill.
We all know that Gwen is Bill. Why not Tango01 also?

Postby kyotebue2 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:13 pm

I just want yall to wait till Tango01 can't edit his posts so the link stays up for a while, as to Bill being Tango01, Bill is too lazy to be Tango01. Hi Bill!!
kyotebue2

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:30 am

Academic wrote:
Guest wrote:
Blank Frank wrote:Here is a "review" of Napoleon's Paper Kingdom by TNP's very own spam-bot

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=453346

I love Kev's use of 'academic'. No sour grapes there.

It’s not sour grapes so much as he just doesn’t like actual academic publications and prefers all of his “sources” to be popular works written in English.

Oh no, having been thrown off numerous forums where there are some real historians and being reduced to copying and pasting on a wargames forum for inadequates, there's definite envy. I'm pretty sure that I recall a dig from Maggie about those with only masters' degrees, which stung him I'm sure. Kev dreams of being able to command that RRP for his books and being taken seriously by those he envies. The fact that even he knows that he's just not that bright eats away.

Particularly galling will be when the author is Sam Mustafa who has contributed a great deal to the hobby itself, rather than carping from the sidelines (although I suspect Kev has no idea).

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:45 am

Kevin is a big fish in a small pond.
Bill is tickled pink to have him as “scholar in residence”.
So much so that he’s willing to drive away anyone who will call him on his bullshit. We must not upset Kevin.
Don’t get me wrong. He’s correct 60% of the time. Maybe higher. But...
Anyone who is well read can achieve that score. And Kevin has a large library. Just ask him. And he once had brandy and cigars in Elting’s library.
But he has his opinions. Excuse me. Incontrovertible FACTS.
1. The British are steeped in perfidy.
2. Only the Regular American army can win battles.
3. Irregulars are unreliable scum.
4. The French will always be right.
5. See Fact #1.

Postby Stranded in Texas » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:55 am

Guest wrote:
And Tango links to another pirated publication!
He just can't help himself can he?

Hint - unit histories of mexican - American war

If this is the one its still out there, posted on Friday before Tango erupted Friday night and Saturday. Tango threw so much other crap on top of it that Bill may not be able to find it (or care to).

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=513903
Stranded in Texas

Postby Derek H » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:50 am

That doesn't appear to be pirated. Published by Lexis Nexis on their own website.
Pimping my blog at http://dereksweetoys.com/
Derek H

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:24 pm

“There’s a significant big there.”
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=514078
But he has no intention of fixing it, nor does he have any idea how to fix it.

Postby Condottiero » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:19 pm

Guest wrote:
Academic wrote:
Guest wrote:
Blank Frank wrote:Here is a "review" of Napoleon's Paper Kingdom by TNP's very own spam-bot

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=453346

I love Kev's use of 'academic'. No sour grapes there.

It’s not sour grapes so much as he just doesn’t like actual academic publications and prefers all of his “sources” to be popular works written in English.

Oh no, having been thrown off numerous forums where there are some real historians and being reduced to copying and pasting on a wargames forum for inadequates, there's definite envy. I'm pretty sure that I recall a dig from Maggie about those with only masters' degrees, which stung him I'm sure. Kev dreams of being able to command that RRP for his books and being taken seriously by those he envies. The fact that even he knows that he's just not that bright eats away.

Particularly galling will be when the author is Sam Mustafa who has contributed a great deal to the hobby itself, rather than carping from the sidelines (although I suspect Kev has no idea).

It's undoubtedly in the 'class' of an 'academic' work, hence its overpriced. And that's too bad as there might be useful information in the volume.

I know why these types of books are overpriced and while I wouldn't have placed class and academic in single quotation marks, I don't see a need for bitching in this case. The Italian Renaissance is my preference and to cut through the bullshit of Oman and Taylor and their lazy regurgitating fan boys, I have to refer to academic publications, expensive in print or OOP, though occasionally the author uploads the book for free on Academia.edu. I don't expect the gamer to know or care about trivia, like Bartolomeo Colleoni's heraldry being a play on him having three testes, but I would prefer not relying on George Gush or Ian Heath.

As toxic as discussions of bricoles and Gribeauval could be, I much prefer this level of passion over "Charles VIII invading Italy with the most modern artillery train in existence revolutionizing warfare", when in fact it was evolutionary: some of the Italian States had larger arsenals and been modernizing since the mid 1400s, if not earlier, the main difference being the French having better organization.

I'm not excusing Kiley's behavior. He and especially his friend Robert Forczyk, have acted like prima donnas on Amazon towards other authors and reviewers!
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Condottiero

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:53 pm

The problem with Kiley is that you know what his response will be to any given thread on TMP just by reading the title. Anything faintly praising Wellington, the British or any of the other members of the coalitions in general and you know he'll be there decrying it, whereas anything vaguely critical of Napoleon and he's the first in line to give the poster a kicking.

If there is a grain of truth to any criticism he'll quickly divert the topic off on a tangent, throwing out English-language secondary resources while skilfully ignoring any contributions from other-language speakers who have conducted in-depth research into primary sources beyond the translated memoirs of Napoleon's Marshals and staff.

He manages this with such an air of superiority and smugness that the TMP Napoleonic gamer wonders why they bothered raising the query or discussion point, no doubt vowing never to do it again.

One can only imagine Kev would see himself as enlisting and quickly rising through the ranks to become Napoleon's most trusted Marshal if only he were born a few hundred years earlier, instead of finding himself the drummer of the 106e Ligne where his gift for repetition would be appreciated and his only meeting with the Emperor was to explain how they lost their Eagle again.

Postby Bill's Fan Bois NLI » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:35 pm

Guest wrote:Kevin is a big fish in a small pond.
Bill is tickled pink to have him as “scholar in residence”.
So much so that he’s willing to drive away anyone who will call him on his bullshit. We must not upset Kevin.
Don’t get me wrong. He’s correct 60% of the time. Maybe higher. But...
Anyone who is well read can achieve that score. And Kevin has a large library. Just ask him. And he once had brandy and cigars in Elting’s library.
But he has his opinions. Excuse me. Incontrovertible FACTS.
1. The British are steeped in perfidy.
2. Only the Regular American army can win battles.
3. Irregulars are unreliable scum.
4. The French will always be right.
5. See Fact #1.
Bill's Fan Bois NLI

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot