The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Voice From Limbo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:57 pm

There's a spectrum. I've attended conventions in which the atmosphere in the Ancients tournament hall approached that of a Medieval monastery, while the room where Howard Whitehouse was running his Astounding Tales game rocked with gales of laughter. Players in both seemed to be having "fun", however you define it.

(Of course, you could accuse both sorts of being "on the spectrum". :D)
Voice From Limbo

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:41 pm

Macunaima nli wrote:I just can’t take Wh40K grimdark seriously, so I whimsy the fuck out of it every chance I get.

That and Bad Latin. Reasons I can’t take 40K seriously.
If you want grimdark, try using that Latin in Sister St Lawrence’s class.
As for Bad Latin, 40K just set the stage for Harry Potter.

Postby Condottiero » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:11 pm

Guest wrote:
Macunaima nli wrote:I just can’t take Wh40K grimdark seriously, so I whimsy the fuck out of it every chance I get.

Winnie, it's High Gothic and Low Gothic, not Latin. It's only "bad Latin" if judged based on today's rules...
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Condottiero

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:21 pm

Condottiero wrote:
Guest wrote:

Winnie, it's High Gothic and Low Gothic, not Latin. It's only "bad Latin" if judged based on today's rules...

So, it’s “authentic Gothic gibberish”?

Postby kyotebue2 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:35 pm

LOL!!!
kyotebue2

Postby JJCH nli » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:14 am

heaps of bodies wrote:well some do... there is a 'steampunk' couple live near me, they walk around in all the gear 24/7 talking like bad extras from the Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes. They seem happy.

Released into the Community Theatre I call it. Whilst for many government cuts to mental health have been a cruel joke, for some it works, not all nutters are the same.

If you really want to make their day invite them on a holiday to Switzerland and push one of them over a waterfall. Failing that get yourself a really, really big fucking dog. :wink:

I took my son to the annual modelling show last weekend. I principally went for the bargains at the swap show but we wandered around afterwards for an hour or so, looking at model tanks and planes and the like. I’d say maybe 75-80% of the crowd appeared to be afflicted with chronic shortage of social skills and a severe lack of attention to personal grooming. Added to the fact that the vast majority were middle aged to elderly white males it didn’t make for an edifying sight.

There were probably another fifth to a quarter who looked as if they belonged on a register and the fact that the event was held on a racecourse, far distant from any school or place where minors gather was no doubt of comfort to those fearful of breaching their terms of parole.

They all seemed to be enjoying themselves, in their own way. Even my son and I declared the outing to be an overall success.
JJCH nli

Postby Derek H » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:20 am

JJCH nli wrote:Added to the fact that the vast majority were middle aged to elderly white males it didn’t make for an edifying sight.

You fitted right in then?
Pimping my blog at http://dereksweetoys.com/
Derek H

Postby JJCH nli » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:33 am

After a fashion, albeit not the fashion adopted by most which seems to have been garnered from St Vincent de Paul, Oxfam and those places which sell two sizes too small, two sizes too big track suit pants and zip up shoes. It was like a fucking soup kitchen. I kept expecting to see John Treadaway clutching a brown paper bag.

I also would have needed to gain about another 30 kilos and knackered my knees and or hips to really fit in. Maybe next year?

There was an enormous queue for the swap meet, just as there was last year. The rocket scientists in charge didn’t learn from last years event. They hold it in a room at the top of an escalator. Having only one person taking the admission money and ensuring that the bottle neck was strategically placed right at the top of the escalator was pure fucking genius as dozens of frail old buggers collided at the top of the escalator with the immovable mass wedged between that and the glass doors. Hopefully their public liability insurance is tip top.
JJCH nli

Postby War Crimes R Us » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:30 am

Back on the "Urban Warfare" thread, Dragon Gunner advocates war crimes as a US strategy in Iraq:

"I would have informed the Shiites if they do not stop and desist in their insurrection we will arm Sunni militias, provide them with artillery and air support if they agree to clear Sadr City. Any atrocities that occur will be unfortunate…"

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=508954
War Crimes R Us

Postby John Kerry attacks tankers » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:34 am

Who is responsible for the attacks on tankers in the Gulf of Oman? The Democrats of course:

"Let's see:

1. Iran helped topple Yemen and install the Shiite Houthi into power

2. Iran armed Yemen with Scuds, Silkworm ASMs and other weapons.

3. Iran then launched a proxy war against its Gulf neighbors via Yemen, which launched Scud missiles against Saudi Arabia and the UAE. Yemen has also conducted multiple attacks on shipping using ASMs, damaging and sinking several ships, including a UAE patrol ship.

But it's not their fault this time???

And what else has happened recently?

1. The US sanctions on Iran are starting to bite. Iran is looking for ways to disrupt the US' focus. It has in the past sabre rattled when this occurred, with the goal of getting countries to relieve sanctions to lessen tension (basically buy off their aggression).

2. Iran has issued a number of inflammatory statements about punishing the US, that the sanction will hurt others more than Iran.

3. Western "allies" and even Democrats from the US have met with Iranian officials -- former SecState John Kerry MET with Iran to assure them that Trump would not be re-elected and that the Democrats would be more accommodating of Iran's concerns when they control the White House again. Say WHAT?!?

4. Media and Democrats start pumping Scary Warmonger Trump stories.

5. 4 tankers are damaged by limpet mines and naval mines in the Gulf.

6. Media and Democrats blame Trump for escalating tensions (while of course calling for impeachment, investigations, etc.)

7. Two more tankers are damaged by naval mines or other attacks.

8. Iran, parroted by media and Democrats, are blaming Trump for tensions. It's a false flag! Trump wants war!

So what I see is not Trump angling for war, but a convergence of US domestic political interests and Iranian interests. Iran has decided to escalate the level of violence while blaming Trump. John Kerry meets with Iran in April to tell them Trump is a one-term president, and in May we start seeing attacks on oil tankers with a media/political spin that Trump is to blame??

Now, I'm not blaming the Democrats for coordinating with Iran on attacks, but I am blaming them for enabling and encouraging the attacks. I'm blaming them for Iran's reversal from diplomacy to threats, and for using these events to attack Trump."

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=509327
John Kerry attacks tankers

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot