The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Macunaima » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:45 am

Mike’s post is on topic. He’s asking, essentially, if we can make the gaming market bigger by making it appeal to more people and that is a spot-on question, as I have said in my responses to it. Back in the day, TSR spent millions on hiring people to ask just that question (unfortunately, they came up with the wrong answer, which is why they got swallowed by Wizards of the Coast and, eventually, Hasborg).

What he is NOT asking for, and doesn’t want, and what you would get on TNP are rants about how letting girls and blacks play is a sign of the social justice End ‘o Times. Nor, I reckon, would he cotton to posts about how gaming is a reflection of men’s innate aggression and desire to murder and should thus be banned.

Talking about diversity can indeed be done in a non-political fashion, for all that the term is political buzzword for you, JJ. Much like “dogfucking”in that respect, isn’t it?
Macunaima

Postby JJCH nli » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:55 pm

Your post on that thread got me thinking. How to expand wargaming into the lower sócio-economic strata of Brazil and make a small motza?

I’m thinking about get seed funding to start an ONG, diverting youth away from crime through wargaming. I’ll follow that up with advertising for Anglo gamers on their hols or GAP year to come and teach gaming to kids on the morros and this is where the clever bit comes in, I’ll accomodate them in situ in a favela chic, boutique, albergue and charge the silly sods over the odds for everything from their bed to bottled water along with a sizeable administration fee, which I shall say goes to the community. Maybe get them to donate figures and painting material as well. Poverty tourism tapping into a market of folk with a bigger reserve of cash than the average backpacker.

Rocinha or Vidigal would be the obvious choices but I fear the market for dopey cunts is tapped out there. Vila Kennedy is a possibility, the steady drum roll of gunfire would provide a good soundtrack to the gaming and once there the volunteers would almost literally be a captive audience. Still it is a pain to get to. Maybe somewhere nearer the metro.
JJCH nli

Postby Macunaima » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:33 pm

Dump them out in Nova Holanda. (Sickly blue grin.)
Macunaima

Postby Condottiero » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:14 pm

Just passing by (again) nli wrote:

Many thanks Condo. Makes a bit more sense now.

The 90% tax rate is bandied about, but most don't know what they're talking about, as people have difficulty comprehending marginal tax rates: Viva the Dumb Rich.

The Myth of the 90 Percent Tax Rate
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Condottiero

Postby frotherPest » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:25 pm

It's sort of funny to see how "triggered" people get with words like "diversity". There is certainly a demographic that has demonized it because they are afraid of the social implications. They will point to industries and businesses that promote diversity as being part of some "agenda".
Dopes don't realize that diversity brings in business, it makes money and it also creates a provably better workforce for these companies. The "agenda" is profit and productivity, the very things that many of these same whiners claim they champion.

Diversity is a great topic for any business or community to discuss without interjection of political agendas, because it means "more" for everyone involved.
The same people that want to claim "the hobby" is graying or dying are the ones that don't want to let young people, women and other demographics to sit at their tables. Heaven forbid you make a friend that has the same interests as you do.
Nobody ever reads the fine print.
frotherPest

Postby Adam Smiths left Nut » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:47 pm

I always found it funny on TMP how people will complain about the "greying" of the hobby, yet whenever they talk about young people, they despise them.

Would you hang out with people like that?
Adam Smiths left Nut

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:11 pm

Adam Smiths left Nut wrote:I always found it funny on TMP how people will complain about the "greying" of the hobby, yet whenever they talk about young people, they despise them.

“Hey kid. Do you want to see my 1807 Bavarians?”
“The little bastard just turned his nose up and ran away!”
Is it any wonder you can’t recruit kids? We’re odd. Let’s just face it.

Postby Drjackson » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:18 pm

You are odd.
"Your assumption is that TMP's fortunes are down because of something I'm doing (or not doing). Again, that's your opinion, but there's no evidence for that."
- Editor in Chief Bill
Drjackson

Postby Macunaima nli » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:44 pm

Guest wrote:
Adam Smiths left Nut wrote:I always found it funny on TMP how people will complain about the "greying" of the hobby, yet whenever they talk about young people, they despise them.

“Hey kid. Do you want to see my 1807 Bavarians?”
“The little bastard just turned his nose up and ran away!”
Is it any wonder you can’t recruit kids? We’re odd. Let’s just face it.

My kids don’t give a fuck about no 1897 Bavarians. They DO like my 1812 French, however.
Macunaima nli

Postby BloodOnYourHands » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:53 am

JJCH nli wrote:Hey Murricans! This Friday is the 50th anniversary of the My Lai Massacre. Got anything planned? A parade maybe? Ernie Medina and Rusty Calley are still alive. Rusty is a good ole boy in Georgia these days but he originally hailed from Florida so he’d probably really dig an invite to Mar-a- Lago. How about the Prez pinning some medals on ‘em? Medal of Honour or Medal of Freedom. I reckon their time has come.

You might want to read some of Mark Johnston's material before you try being clever.
BloodOnYourHands

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot