State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Altius » Fri May 19, 2017 5:25 pm

Winnie wrote:
Altius wrote:
Australian Dawn wrote:How come I see so many convictions against church paedos who don't show any repentance or acceptance of guilt, but fight and kick all the way to sentencing, but I can't remember any big excommunications?

I don't think they do any excommunications anymore.

https://youtu.be/WnxJyEF4qLE

Oh yes. Excommunications are still going on.
https://www.catholic.com/qa/apart-from- ... munication

It's not all "bell book and candle" anymore. You bring it on yourself, and the ceremony is merely an acknowledgment of the fact.

I would think that the recent ordination of wymmin would count. And whoever consecrated the bishop who performed it would deserve a stern talking to as well.

Me? I'm all in favor of ordaining the ladies. They just don't get to call themselves Roman Catholic. Start your own religion.

Me the OFM tells a funny story about his namesake, the first Catholic bishop of the USA being excommunicated by the archbishop of Quebec. They didn't get along.

During the Great Schism, there were two popes and they both excommunicated each other. Wild times.
I'm not a bad man but in certain situations I have to ask myself - what would a bad man do?
Altius

Postby Guest » Fri May 19, 2017 5:28 pm

Condottiero wrote:Candidate For Arizona Governor Posts Jaw-Dropping Statement About His Sex Life
Scandal and Controversy
Sex

Noah has had both deep and casual sexual experiences with all kinds of women. He is an advocate of open relationships. He’s had group sex and sex with married women. He has sent and received intimate texts and pictures, and occasionally recorded video during sex. Noah has always been forthright with his partners. All of his relationships have been legal and consensual, never coercive, or abusive, and he condemns such behavior. Noah is unapologetic about his sexual choices, and wishes others the same safety and confidence as they express themselves.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/7xr284/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-an-arizona-politician-campaigns-with-his-d--k

I like the cut of his jib... :beer:

Except he doesn't drink...

He has to be a Democrat. Had he been a Republican it would have been in the first paragraph.

Postby Levied Troop » Fri May 19, 2017 6:33 pm

Altius wrote:During the Great Schism, there were two popes and they both excommunicated each other. Wild times.

1978 - the year of 3 consecutive popes
1378 - the year of 3 current popes
My fingernails are filthy, I've got beach tar on my feet
And I miss my clean white linen and my fancy French cologne
Levied Troop

Postby Guest » Fri May 19, 2017 6:36 pm

Levied Troop wrote:
Altius wrote:During the Great Schism, there were two popes and they both excommunicated each other. Wild times.

1978 - the year of 3 consecutive popes
1378 - the year of 3 current popes

Ahah!

Postby kyotebue2 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:06 pm

If Trump is visiting Rome, he may declare him self Pope.
kyotebue2

Postby Altius » Fri May 19, 2017 8:19 pm

This Sunday, Trumpski will give a speech about Islam to an assembled group of 50 Muslim leaders. The speech was written by Stephen Miller, an unabashed racist who believes we should kick out all of the muslims from the US of A, and who was the principle architect of the highly successful travel ban aimed at muslims.

So, this should be interesting.
I'm not a bad man but in certain situations I have to ask myself - what would a bad man do?
Altius

Postby Australian Dawn » Fri May 19, 2017 11:53 pm

I didn't know which political thread to post this on as he seems to be the worlds favourite political football and everyone has had or wants a kick (He should get his face on Time magazine if he hasn't already), but things are looking up for Assange:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-19/s ... ns/8542998
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Etranger2 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:10 am

Except for the small matters of skipping bail and leaking all those secrets...
Etranger2

Postby Australian Dawn » Sat May 20, 2017 12:15 am

Baby steps.
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Sat May 20, 2017 2:11 am

And it's publish not leak, how do you leak info from the outside? But then when has making sense been a concern for this administration? :loopy:
Australian Dawn

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot